Anybody running a TrailReady 15x10 with a 2.5" reverse backspace ??? Comments ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thinking about getting these rims with the Slim Ring instead of the Wide Ring too and looking for comments ...

Cheers,
Cahil

P.S. Why ? I'm tired of rusty chrome OEM's ...

I had them for my 40 before I went 1 ton..

Only rims I have owned that I was dissapointed to get rid of,

17x9 Trail Ready's.

picture.JPG

Awesome wheels.

I agree that they are probably the best. But are they worth it at $222 a wheel? I would rather buy some cheapy steel wheels at $50 a wheel and then get some TR beadlocks to weld on. What's the difference?

:beer:

Price how much the TR weld on locks are ;)

HZJ60 Guy said:
17x9 Trail Ready's.

Awesome wheels.

Tom,

I knew you'd post up.

What did you do about your front hubs ? No hub covers (hub caps) now ?

I'll probably go with the Slim Ring. Still thinking. Definitely going 15x10 with a reverse on the bell housing and a 2.5" backspace.

For bead locks the prices in this category from TR are dirt cheap. Yeah you can get a $50 rim but it won't fit correctly.

Tires are Goodyear MTR's 35x12.5 on 15 rim. Bought them tonight. Still a lowrider but one day Clyde will be SOA.

Goodyears got a slight shortage in production channels. Primary plant for MTR's was in New Orleans. Ouch !

Cheers,
Cahil

Cahil, Im running 1.5" wheel spacers all around with those wheels. You should know that. They are a way inward wheel. The hubs (both front and rear ((full floater)) are inward too because of the spacers. If you are going to run MTR's know this, THEY ARE A BASTARD TO MOUNT!!!!! I can not over state that fact! They inner rim of the tire is VERY narrow and BARELY fits on the wheel. It took me HOURS to mount the tires on the wheels. On one of them I had to take it to Larry (owner of Trail Ready and a great guy) and have him help me with the fit!!!

HZJ60 Guy said:
Cahil, Im running 1.5" wheel spacers all around with those wheels. You should know that. They are a way inward wheel. The hubs (both front and rear ((full floater)) are inward too because of the spacers. If you are going to run MTR's know this, THEY ARE A BASTARD TO MOUNT!!!!! I can not over state that fact! They inner rim of the tire is VERY narrow and BARELY fits on the wheel. It took me HOURS to mount the tires on the wheels. On one of them I had to take it to Larry (owner of Trail Ready and a great guy) and have him help me with the fit!!!

Tom,

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered the MTR's today. There's a serious shortage of these tires right now. Seems the primary plant for manufacture is/was based in NEW ORLEANS. Ouch!

I shipped them directly to my mechanic friend (not "lugnut", the other one). Commercial address does help UPS too. He's retired but does auto work because he likes too. He has all the mounting machinery. And he's *real* picky too. My kind of mechanic.

Did you get a serious sweet deal on those rims ? Or why didn't you go with a 2.5" reverse backspace ?

Yeah, sounds like the rim they use has a weird bell housing. They mount 2.5 reverse backspace *specifically* for the Toyota crowd.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Cahil

P.S. There's also a national shortage on 17" rims right now too. Whomever makes them is 6 months behind in production. TrailReady has'em but nobody else.

Tom,

Also if I went with the 17" tire instead of the 15" in the MTR 35x12.5 I would pick up an additional 15 lbs per tire. Not only that but inflation pressure is bunches higher too in the 17".

When you increase the mount diameter is seems the tire body has to be much, much heavier and stiffer.

Cahil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom