Anybody recently order Magnaflow 23120? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry for yet another question. I just got home to a box full of parts and I'm starting to notice some things are not right. Mine doesn't look like everyone else's.....or the one on the website....everything looks right but that cat looks like a stray.....
20180404_165158.jpg

Thank you for that.....and that sucks. I can't test fit it for another week.....I think I may just send it back for general principal and go another route.

I would return it, I put full bosal replacement exhaust on my 97 a few years back. Had to take it to a muffler shop to have them modify the y pipe so it would seal to the manifold, the whole system is rotting away already.

Next best option? The Y-pipe on mine is shot and leaking....

I ordered magaflow this week but through O'Reilly's . Mine looks legit. My cat doesn't look anything like yours.

I had heard the bosal stories so I used a parts store to take it back if it wasn't what I wanted . Parts arrived in three days from O'Reilly's warehouse .All with magnaflow markings.

This is their new practice. I suspect they'll sell what little inventory they have left, and the bosal crapper will be the new normal. I was extremely pissed. Magnaflow's customer service sucks. they did nothing to make the situation right for me.

Sorry for yet another question. I just got home to a box full of parts and I'm starting to notice some things are not right. Mine doesn't look like everyone else's.....or the one on the website....everything looks right but that cat looks like a stray.....
View attachment 1681987

Did you buy this from Amazon?

Next best option? The Y-pipe on mine is shot and leaking....

Where in VA are you? Ive got an actual magnaflow y pipe unit that I wont need right now. I bought it last month off ebay thru jc whitney. I'll be heading to Strasburg/Luray area this weekend if you need one quickly.

I'm going through this right now. Ordered a 23120 on Amazon but what came was the Bosal part in a Magnaflow box. I then called O'Reilly auto parts, they shipped one to the store from their warehouse and what came was the actual Magnaflow part. I feel like I lucked out, I think it's very hit and miss since Magnaflow bought Bosal. I can tell you that the Magnaflow part is a MUCH better looking part, quality wise, when compared side by side.

@OTRAMM what are you using? is this same?

We use the Magnaflow 23120. I haven't had one in though since the buy out. It's been a month or so since I had one through the shop. It was still a Magnaflow then and didn't look like the one pictured above.
I was just checking, I know the one you installed on my set up doesnt look like above pictured.

I bought mine from O'reiley's and it is a proper Magnaflow.

I just ordered one from O'Reilly as well, it was a bosal... Weld look like crap, workmanship was crap. They're bringing in another and hopefully it'll be a true magnaflow.

Does anyone have a picture or can explain what yo look for between the two?

I ordered magaflow this week but through O'Reilly's . Mine looks legit. My cat doesn't look anything like yours.

Can you post a couple of pix of yours so everyone can see the difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom