Anybody put Holley EFI on an F2 and regret it? (1 Viewer)

What kind of MPG increase does the EFI swap usually net? Wondering how it compares to a 5 speed upgrade.

I had Jim C. rebuild my car nearly 20 years ago. It was like getting a new cruiser.

77mustard40

SILVER Star
I’m running a Jim C recurved FJ60 dizzy coupled with a Kelly G (me) rebuilt ’76 carb on my ’77. All I can say is there was a noticeable improvement in performance when I upgraded the dizzy. No issues with hot or cold starts or vapor locking. I’d be interested in driving a 40 with the Holley setup to see the difference.

In the long run I think I’d rather save my chips for a 3FE swap if and when my 2F folds. I think that’s a great TEQ gasser motor in a 40.

wngrog

SILVER Star
I’m running a Jim C recurved FJ60 dizzy coupled with a Kelly G (me) rebuilt ’76 carb on my ’77. All I can say is there was a noticeable improvement in performance when I upgraded the dizzy. No issues with hot or cold starts or vapor locking. I’d be interested in driving a 40 with the Holley setup to see the difference.

In the long run I think I’d rather save my chips for a 3FE swap if and when my 2F folds. I think that’s a great TEQ gasser motor in a 40.

I can honestly say...as a Toyota homer through and through, the EFI from a 3FE is dinosaur stuff compared to a Sniper. Too much BS going on. Zero chance I would chose it over a sniper

I can honestly say...as a Toyota homer through and through, the EFI from a 3FE is dinosaur stuff compared to a Sniper. Too much BS going on. Zero chance I would chose it over a sniper
I would agree, the only way it would be substantially better, is with an aftermarket ecu.

I underestimated the amount of “rigging” you’d have to do. Compared to a gen 2 Camaro where everything you need is made by Holley.

i Would say the more original your FJ is the easier it will be.

Has anyone had one sit for months? any issues with it?
I don't drive the FJ40 much in winter (too much work putting the top on, don't like getting wet).
And I am concerned about not starting it from November to March.
My has been sitting since august, and I can walk over at any point and it will fire right up, so no. I would use fuel stabilizer if it’s going to be sitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom