Anybody need "Electric Locker Actuator" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is a beauty and currently going for over $500 off of list price.

Thats the part I need. All I need is the housing. Anyone have a bad one they want to get rid of. Or if you need the guts, we can split the difference.
kurt

Kurt,
The guy on ebay has one ::)

Why don't you bid on it? :dunno:

I ordered the cable locker from Downey. I haven't got it yet. They were working on it when I called and told them to send me one when the get them in.
kurt

How much do they want for the cable locker that they can't seem to get for you?

OK, so the one on ebay is up to I think 255 bucks. So, for 150 bucks more than you already need to spend you can fix it right. It's still a helluva lot cheaper than visiting a dealer, even a nice one ::)

BTW In the pictures, it appears that it may have been installed at one time. It does look new however.

So Dan - now that the auction is over - what's involved in retrofitting an elocker into a non OEM locked diff?  Can it be used with other gears (4.56, 4.88 )?  Since my portals are stalling, I may just want to go another route and go to elockers since my ARB's have taken a few years off me life.

Junk-ola,

A factory locker for the rear is quite easy. You will need a third member, RH axle shaft, Difflock ECU, switch, indicator bulbs, wiring harness from diff to LH rear quarter, some longer studs, a couple of gaskets, actuator protector plate and you will need to build a 14 foot long harness that travels up to the LH kick panel. The front is a bit more challenging. You will need a diff, wiring harness,some longer studs and you will either need an axle housing or you will need to heavily modify the existing housing where the diff mounts up. It has been done(by me) and it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.
I did it with a new front housing and I modified the rear housing. Other than stock gear sets will work. You will need to have locker third member housings though. It is not possible to morf the standard pumpkins.  If you wish more details PM me and I will bore you with them.

Cheers, Dan :beer:

Oh, Kurt. It went for 360 bucks. You missed out there. :stupid:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom