Anybody Make Longer Rear LCA? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm more concerned about the panhard. Even with my relatively mild lift (OME mediums- 850) I can see that the rear looks shifted off-center.

Wouldn't the same "fix" work? to get the axle straight under the truck again?

How much is it shifted? I think mine's only shifted a fraction of an inch despite about 3.5" of lift.

You can do the same idea on the panhard, slee makes some weld in adjusters and there's been some threads on creating your own. What Nay did would be easy to do for the panhard for a permanant solution.

Nay- I plan on doing the cut/sleeve on the lower arms when I get the lift in the truck. Did you end up doing anything with the panhards? Reason iam asking you is because I will be running the same lift, so I thought you would know exactly what is needed to maximize function/comfort. Thanks!

I actually am getting a batch of HD arms in a few days if you are interested. They have over sized end to help protect the frame and axle mounts, HD DOM tubing and longer to correct the pinion angle at the rear.

I actually am getting a batch of HD arms in a few days if you are interested. They have over sized end to help protect the frame and axle mounts, HD DOM tubing and longer to correct the pinion angle at the rear.

Nice. Price? You can PM me if you dont want to post it. Thanks Landtank.

Hi Rick,

X2 on the price, and how much longer than stock? I am running OME heavies with a significant amount of armor and a subtank. No drivetrain vibe issues, but I do have one slightly bent LCA (who doesn't). PM the details if you like.

:cheers:

Steve

Are these the same ones you made a few months back?

there is a thread in the 4 sale section with them in it.

They are lengthened to correct the pinion angle for a 4" lift.

Since they are designed for a 4" lift the pinion angle error at 2" would be close to that of a truck with stock arms at 2" only in the opposite direction.

On a truck with 6" of lift the same 2" of error would occur just in the opposite direction than that of a truck with 2" of lift with with the extended LCAs.

Please understand that I don't give intimate details of my designs.

haha. I forgot I already asked about these a while ago. Ill let you know after the lift is said and done if I have enough coin left for a set. If you dont sell them all by then. Thanks for continuing to make great stuff for the LC crowd.

I'd go with Landtank's arms over sleeving stock stuff.. Lengthening the LCA's on a 4" lift to correct pinion also sets the wheelbase back to stock and is a simple and very effective solution.

I do have MAF 4+ adjustable panhards. Best solution on the market, IMO.

If you are running big tires and don't intend to cut the quarters, measure carefully before going with longer arms. Having the tires centered at stuff is important, where they are drooped is irrelevant. Mine hit the rear of the fender opening when the tires are new, with stock arms.

Persoanlly, Id rather them hit the rear than the front. I am going to take about 5" off the rear. Plus its much easier to trim the rear of the well than the front, due to the door.

Persoanlly, Id rather them hit the rear than the front. I am going to take about 5" off the rear. Plus its much easier to trim the rear of the well than the front, due to the door.

I said big tires, don't see why you would need to trim with 285's?;p

:hillbilly:

If you are running big tires and don't intend to cut the quarters, measure carefully before going with longer arms. Having the tires centered at stuff is important, where they are drooped is irrelevant. Mine hit the rear of the fender opening when the tires are new, with stock arms.

I can still just barely rub the front of the rear wells with longer arms. I always felt that on my truck a slightly longer LCA centered the tire at full stuff. I think you can see that with stock length LCA's in this pic with 35's where there seems to be slightly more room to the rear.
FOR Rear Tire Stuff.jpg

I recently made some longer lca s that where 1/2" longer. I ve got 4" lift with a relatively light setup and 37s. At full stuff I barely rub the rear of the fender. Much easier to trim the rear then the front !

Like I said, measure your rig to see what will have the most benefit for your setup. My guess is, different setups have differing issues. On mine, with reinforced stock arms I slightly touch at the rear, clear at the front side of the tire. Agree that the rear is easier to trim, I haven't trimmed metal anywhere, so the easiest?:hillbilly:

Like I said, measure your rig to see what will have the most benefit for your setup. My guess is, different setups have differing issues. On mine, with reinforced stock arms I slightly touch at the rear, clear at the front side of the tire. Agree that the rear is easier to trim, I haven't trimmed metal anywhere, so the easiest?:hillbilly:

It's actually easier to trim the front for minor trimming - there is more of a lip of metal, where trimming the rear cuts into the body pretty quickly and then you have a hole to seal.

This is only true for about 3/4" of trimming, but that's enough even for the bigger 37's like mine.

Now that my lift is finally getting to where it is going to stay, I am bringing back an old thread because I will be doing this mod soon.

So for Nay, and anyone else that has done this, how did you keep the bushings from melting when you were welding up the sleeves? A

Also, just to clarify, you cut the LCA in half, welded in the piece of solid tube to extend the arm the 1/2" or 3/4" or whatever you needed, and then clamped the two sides of the dom you cut in half around that, and weld those up? That about right?

So for Nay, and anyone else that has done this, how did you keep the bushings from melting when you were welding up the sleeves?

Just take your time and you won't melt the bushings.

Now that my lift is finally getting to where it is going to stay, I am bringing back an old thread because I will be doing this mod soon.

So for Nay, and anyone else that has done this, how did you keep the bushings from melting when you were welding up the sleeves? A

Also, just to clarify, you cut the LCA in half, welded in the piece of solid tube to extend the arm the 1/2" or 3/4" or whatever you needed, and then clamped the two sides of the dom you cut in half around that, and weld those up? That about right?

https://forum.ih8mud.com/az-copper-state-cruisers/451110-rear-lower-control-arms-mod-80-series.html

With instruction - no bushing was hurt in the process

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom