Anybody know what these wires go to? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Two wires under the ds dash panel just hanging behind/above the brake pedal coming off from behind the kick panel. I am trying to figure out why I have to push the shift lock override every time I want to shift into gear. All lights work...only things that don't = cruise control and radio intermittently doesn't work (work if lights on and/or varies when blinkers are on). Hopefully, the pic uploads. Basically, one solid green and one solid red wire both female. Thanks,

Kyle
1991 Land Cruiser (Stock..for most part)
IMAG0193[1].jpg

Mr Toyota would be upset at the person who added those wires.. Check them to see if they are hot and then trace them.

I didn't think they were "original". PO evidently had some mod that is just not apparent yet. Going to dig deeper in next couple of days to try to figure out. Thanks for the input guys.

Kyle

Cruise control and shifter lock is tied to the brake pedal sensor (on the brake pedal chassis). I had a dead short in my brake light wiring in my Kaymar bumper. The first indication was the cruise control not engaging. When I stopped to fill up, I couldn't get the shifter out of park after starting the truck back up. I found a blown brake fuse, I replaced it and it blew again as soon as I stepped on the brake pedal to shift to drive. I found a corroded wire that was grounding and causing the fuse to blow.
The PO probably had some issue there and decided to try to bypass it. I recommend getting an FSM and tracing the wires for your brake circuit.

HTH Cheers,
Stump

The red one still has a part of the fuse tap on it .
Id say there were for an old alarm or poss an old cell phone .

X@ my $$ are on phone module - keep following it you'll see it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom