Anybody know of a mechanic in the midwest...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I blew it up...he cried, now I need to fix it...we do not have the time or facilities to do it our selves as I have told Woody...

Is there a mechanic or machine shop in the Midwest, meaning Wisconsin/Minnesota area, that specializes in Land Cruiser rebuilds...we want to do a complete overhaul and spice it up too! We would like to use the engine we have, sentimental value and all...eventhough buying one in a crate would be simple...

PLEASE LET ME KNOW OF ANYONE YOU KNOW! I looked online and got nowhere. I even looked in the IH8MUD Links...no mechanics.

Thanx for the help...Liz

Last edited:
Wisconsin/Minnesota

I live in central wisconsin, but will travel within a reasonable distance. So I mean like the Wisconsin/Minnesota area...I will edit my original message.

Liz

Poser on this board is in Farmington MN, south of the Twin Cities. PM him and he will either accomodate you or send you in the right direction. I have done a fair amount of business with him and have nothing but nice stuff to say about him. Great guy who will not let you go in a bad direction.

Ed

CruisinGA said:
Steve (poser) is the man.

My truck would be a lot nicer if he was working on it and not me!

Bailey,

If I was working on it and you were not, you would not be earning all those 'Land Cruiser Kollege Kredits'...You have a good instructor at home there with David...hope to see him in a few weeks, you should figure a way to tag along to OK in NOV....

They will come in handy someday, and most likely, not having anything to do with a Land Cruiser.

Good luck!

-Steve

OK as in Oklahoma? Where the wind comes whistling down the plain? As in Disney?
Can a guy find out when?

Ed

CruisinGA said:
Steve (poser) is the man.

Apparently you are the man Poser, can you email me or PM me to let me know if you are even interested...We can go from there... Thanx

Degnol said:
OK as in Oklahoma? Where the wind comes whistling down the plain? As in Disney?
Can a guy find out when?

Ed

trail ride corner, cheeseheads invade thread....

got house plans this week, pushin to dig this fall....that combined with $1000 in fuel for that trip is dampening my enthusiasm.......

Liz, check the WI corner too, might have some running motors avail in GB...

a&lcruizer said:
Apparently you are the man Poser, can you email me or PM me to let me know if you are even interested...We can go from there... Thanx

you have pm. :)

That whole midwest thing kills me. :rolleyes:

Someone the other day was referring to OK city as the midwest. There's no fawkin way that that is west in any way. MN or WI either for that matter. Here, please refer to this map I made for everyone when referencing what is west, midwest, middle, south middle, etc...

For clearing up all the confusion, you are welcome. :D

:beer: :beer:
usa_blank.jpg

Hawk....

US started on the East coast....Anything beyond the Appalachian mountains was "west" ...

:beer:

The Louisiana Purchase was the western US...and then Manifest Destiny ensued...Thank you for clearing that up POSER

Just in case there is still any confusion, I broke it down for you. Half and Half. I hope this clears this all up.

Just playin wit yall. But c'mon, that's what kills me about it all, I know that back in the early days it was the way it was. But come on logically how can you call anything west of the appalacians west. :confused:

Time to give up the old ways and use common sense. :D

:beer: :beer:

HAHAHAHAHA, have fun. ;)
usa_blank3.jpg

not to sound patronizing, but the correct definition of "American West" is west of the 100th meridian.

I thought we settled this 5 days ago. :rolleyes:

This is a link that shows the 100th meridian, and wouldn't ya know it, almost right where I drew that line. :D

http://arapaho.nsuok.edu/~ziehr/virtual/human_wg/agric/guided.html

Quote from site:

The 100th meridian (the north-south boundary between the Texas panhandle and Oklahoma) is often used as a general dividing line between the humid eastern United States and the arid western United States. Of course, this is a very broad generalization.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom