1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody know autocraft Elkins WV

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by jfz80, Jul 2, 2005.

1. jfz80

jfz80 bound to cover just a little more ground

Media:
    Albums:
    Still looking for my 80. See this guy all the time and a lot on e-bay. Curious if anyone has dealt with him or looked at his inventory. I think his name is John and he generally has above average condition vehicles, and a bunch of them. A little pricey but he knows what he has and is still lower than Florida and Texas vehicles.
    any news would be appreaciated. :)

2. lahar50

lahar50

I have looked at his L.C. For about a year and they look good.His Ebay rating is good.Read his feed backs then its up to you.He has a phone number to call I think.Call and talk to him I am sure he will sell you one over the phone.Good luck on your search.

3. General

General

I bought mine from him. He is knowledgable and deals only in 60 & 80 series Cruisers. I live about 2 hrs from his location; so, I just drove down and checked all of them out before I chose mine. He has 15-20 on his lot at all times. He treated me fairly with my Cruiser. My only complaint....he is almost too busy for the size of his business. He has a helper who stays on the road in the Northeast area picking up Cruisers for him. He uses a local detailer for the spit shine. He still owes me a Collectors Series wheel as part of my deal. One of mine had a bunch of curb rash & he promised (in writing) that he would meet me near my house & exchange. That was in March & he is still dragging his feet......I believe because is is simply very bust. I am about to write a formal letter to him since he is slow to return my emails. His name is John Jones.

4. lowtops

lowtops

Media:
    Albums:
    General,
    Was there any wiggle room on the prices of his cruisers? I feel his prices are a tad bit high, but if he is willing to negotiate it might be worth my time to drive up there and see him.

Brad

5. collector_edi

collector_edi

I did not buy mine from him but was very close to. I agree with him being extremely busy. I was going to buy the Burgandy one that is currently listed on ebay but we did not communicate for a week straight and he lost my business. Prior to that we spoke several times and on one sitting we spoke for nearly 2 hours. He is very nice and personal. If I hadn't come across another for considerably cheaper near my house I would of been very comfortable doing business his way. Call him.

6. Fly Rod

Fly Rod

I spoke with him prior to purchasing my 80. He was supposed to get back to me about his avail. rigs with lockers. I never heard from him again so figured he didn't need my business. I agree with the rest, he must be busy.

Fly Rod

7. General

General

lowtops:

Yes, I was able to negoiate a price roughly 2k below his "buy it now" price on Ebay. I am very satisfied with my rig. It has lockers and has been well maintained. I purchased is at 111k miles and I'm at 116k already.

8. General

General

9. sonoranfun

sonoranfun

Same story with me, he said he'd call me back with a price on a rig and never did. For me, I wouldn't pay $3,000 extra to have some guy spit shine my cruiser and put some brakes on it. I'd keep walking, I think that guy's for the yuppies!

10. General

General

I think this joker thinks I'm a yuppie. :ban:

11. filthyrich

filthyrich

i just checked out his online inventory, Damn he has some nice stuff, but $$$$$. Not saying they aren't worht it, but damn. I want an 80... :bounce:

12. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler

Everything about an 80 is more expensive than a 4Runner. For me, it is worth it. I like my 80 so much, I am going to buy another in the next 6 months.

13. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

I was about to make the trek up there when I found mine.

I called him several times, he always picked up first ring. He is busy, but I get the feeling he is swamped by tire-kickers from all over.

While I was speaking with him, he was loading up and shipping two 80s, one to Norcal and another to AZ.

He is pricey, good to know you can get one for $2K less than asking.

I was willing, however, to pay for low-mileage locked rig.