anybody know autocraft Elkins WV

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by jfz80, Jul 2, 2005.

1. jfz80

jfz80 bound to cover just a little more ground SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Still looking for my 80. See this guy all the time and a lot on e-bay. Curious if anyone has dealt with him or looked at his inventory. I think his name is John and he generally has above average condition vehicles, and a bunch of them. A little pricey but he knows what he has and is still lower than Florida and Texas vehicles.
    any news would be appreaciated. :)

2. lahar50

lahar50

I have looked at his L.C. For about a year and they look good.His Ebay rating is good.Read his feed backs then its up to you.He has a phone number to call I think.Call and talk to him I am sure he will sell you one over the phone.Good luck on your search.

3. General

General

I bought mine from him. He is knowledgable and deals only in 60 & 80 series Cruisers. I live about 2 hrs from his location; so, I just drove down and checked all of them out before I chose mine. He has 15-20 on his lot at all times. He treated me fairly with my Cruiser. My only complaint....he is almost too busy for the size of his business. He has a helper who stays on the road in the Northeast area picking up Cruisers for him. He uses a local detailer for the spit shine. He still owes me a Collectors Series wheel as part of my deal. One of mine had a bunch of curb rash & he promised (in writing) that he would meet me near my house & exchange. That was in March & he is still dragging his feet......I believe because is is simply very bust. I am about to write a formal letter to him since he is slow to return my emails. His name is John Jones.

4. lowtops

lowtops

Media:
    Albums:
    General,
    Was there any wiggle room on the prices of his cruisers? I feel his prices are a tad bit high, but if he is willing to negotiate it might be worth my time to drive up there and see him.

Brad

5. collector_edi

collector_edi

I did not buy mine from him but was very close to. I agree with him being extremely busy. I was going to buy the Burgandy one that is currently listed on ebay but we did not communicate for a week straight and he lost my business. Prior to that we spoke several times and on one sitting we spoke for nearly 2 hours. He is very nice and personal. If I hadn't come across another for considerably cheaper near my house I would of been very comfortable doing business his way. Call him.

6. Fly Rod

Fly Rod

I spoke with him prior to purchasing my 80. He was supposed to get back to me about his avail. rigs with lockers. I never heard from him again so figured he didn't need my business. I agree with the rest, he must be busy.

Fly Rod

7. General

General

lowtops:

Yes, I was able to negoiate a price roughly 2k below his "buy it now" price on Ebay. I am very satisfied with my rig. It has lockers and has been well maintained. I purchased is at 111k miles and I'm at 116k already.

8. General

General

9. sonoranfun

sonoranfun

Same story with me, he said he'd call me back with a price on a rig and never did. For me, I wouldn't pay $3,000 extra to have some guy spit shine my cruiser and put some brakes on it. I'd keep walking, I think that guy's for the yuppies!

10. General

General

I think this joker thinks I'm a yuppie. :ban:

11. filthyrich

filthyrich

i just checked out his online inventory, Damn he has some nice stuff, but $$$$$. Not saying they aren't worht it, but damn. I want an 80... :bounce:

12. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler

Everything about an 80 is more expensive than a 4Runner. For me, it is worth it. I like my 80 so much, I am going to buy another in the next 6 months.

13. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

I was about to make the trek up there when I found mine.

I called him several times, he always picked up first ring. He is busy, but I get the feeling he is swamped by tire-kickers from all over.

While I was speaking with him, he was loading up and shipping two 80s, one to Norcal and another to AZ.

He is pricey, good to know you can get one for $2K less than asking.

I was willing, however, to pay for low-mileage locked rig.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.