Anybody know an HDJ81 mechanic in Vancouver, bc (Abbotsford) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'm bringing in an HDJ81 soon (and a Delica) and would like to know any recommended mechanics (or someone who likes to help a newbie out!) in the lower mainland (Abbotsford ideally)?

Hi there,

I can give you two:

1. ATEB - 7088 Merritt Ave, Burnaby, BC V5J4R6
Speak to Ken Tang Tel: 604 438 7537

They are serious car enthusiasts who have an incredible knowledge of Landcruisers - one infact used to race & be involved with the jungle races in Borneo. I use these guys as i live in Vancouver - they are fantastic to talk to & always have a number of Cruisers sitting around.

2. CruiserLand - Langley B.C
Ciaran Wilson Tel: 604 438 7537

An amazingly knowledgable & honest LandCruiser enthusiast who i have also been very fortunate to have been introduced to. His yard was full of different Cruisers & terrific to brainstorm with!

There is also a guy in Abbotsford who seems to know his stuff at Abbotsford Japan Auto on West Railway. Might be worth talking with. I use ATEB, but I'd be curious to hear what you have to say about the guy in Abby if you decide to go there. He also sells some JDM vehicles.

thanks guys

I just read a thread pertaining information about the importer I am currently in conversation with and it didn't sound like they were as reputable as I would have assumed.

I'm second guessing this importing thing directly through a Japan importor/exporter and may instead look to buying from an importer in the Vancouver area instead (knowing full well that I may have to pay more up front).

As for a mechanic though, it would probably be great if I could find someone who will both sell and fix the rig over its lifetime (unless i get off my lazy butt and learn how to do some mechanical stuff myself...doh).

thanks for the quick reply to a newb.

A little OT but I'm going to be in Seattle in June and wanted to visit Vancouver. Is a passport needed now to drive across the border? Yep, the 80 is going on a long family trip.:bounce:

A little OT but I'm going to be in Seattle in June and wanted to visit Vancouver. Is a passport needed now to drive across the border? Yep, the 80 is going on a long family trip.:bounce:

Not until end of 07, beginning of 08

Hey Zalinko,

I can thoroughly recommend Outback Imports as i have purchased two trucks from them. They are affiliated with with the aforementioned ATEB mechanics. I have recently bought a Diesel 81 series VX Limited model efrom 1992 from Outback - yes i may have payed more than having imported myself but at least i can drive away feeling that i have made a solid purchase. It seems it is becoming harder & harder though to find quality vehicles these days so i am happy to be able to leave all this up to Outback.

Call Oliver @ Outback Imports & check out there web site too - tell him James recommended you.
Tel# 604 999 3785

www.outbackimports.ca

I'll give another thumbs-up to Outback.

You will pay a bit more but they stand behind their product. So far, they've been extremely helpful with respect to getting all the little things just the way I want them.

ATEB does seem to know their stuff.

ATEB is beyond "seeming" to know their stuff. Their master mechanic, John, looked after over 500 cruisers for the government of Malaysia. He also builds race cars, intercoolers and other such things. Top drawer all the way. Ateb does not take any shortcuts. They have properly repaired or dealt with every issue I have ever had with my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom