Events/Trails Anybody interested in going to the PUERCO on Sat 2/8? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did not get many pictures but here is a video of @Dumpolina attempting to climb up a crevice. Thanks for leading Jeff! I had a great time.

That climb has been getting harder and harder, as more people try it, and dig out the few traction points.

No that's why I had to remove the shaft from the outer housing.
Sounds like the solution is to carry boneyard stubs for each end, just in case.

Sounds like the solution is to carry stubs for each end, just in case.
Ideally I would have brought my spare CV and that would have been easier and I would have continue to have been able to be in four-wheel drive but with stubs you are only three-wheel drive and you need to leave your center diff lock on to get home.

Ideally I would have brought my spare CV and that would have been easier and I would have continue to have been able to be in four-wheel drive but with stubs you are only three-wheel drive and you need to leave your center diff lock on to get home.

OK, but what if you have a transfer case instead of a center diff?

Grant don't even put down his sammich to shuv a tire..... (note said sammich hanging out of his gob...)
Grant.gif

Grant don't even put down his sammich to shuv a tire..... (note said sammich hanging out of his gob...)
View attachment 2207619
I don't know why anyone would put down a sandwich for anything?! Looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

I don't know why anyone would put down a sandwich for anything?! Looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing.
Well, that, and I didn’t want sand in my salami and I didn’t want @LX450JC to get mashed!

I've climbed that hill numerous times but I guess today wasn't my day.

You climbed that hill using stock drivetrain and smaller tires in the past but the new 35s and 4.56s brought a whole new set of stress to the components. :bang:

You climbed that hill using stock drivetrain and smaller tires in the past but the new 35s and 4.56s brought a whole new set of stress to the components. :bang:
You're making assumptions...I have climbed it numerous times with my current setup and never with stock drivetrain and smaller tires.

Probably the only stock vehicle I know of that would be able to climb that would be a unimog. You definitely need a lift and tires to climb where I broke.

Hey Jeff @krazykat69 bit of good news.

Danny is being hired by Walt over at Tactical Application Vehicles @Poupon . He waited a few days before leaving to California and he got the gig, so he's sticking around Albuquerque and we'll probably see him on some future club meets.

Looks like Walt is building a good team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom