Anybody have the paint code for the exterior flat black around the windows? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick search only shows a code for 100 series. Not sure it's the same.

Well, if you paint all of the black with that code, it will be...

I have codes for the body and bumper, but have never seen a code for the black. I asked a reputable painter and he said that even with the code, he'd mix it by eye. I know that's not much help, but it's all I got.;)

I don't have a code but when new the black trim wasn't flat, my eyeball test shows it to be a semi-gloss black, closer to the satin side of the scale, but not quite satin, and not flat. IMHO/FWIW.

Pull the body molding back a bit off from the pinch weld on any door opening (body) and check the color underneath that's never been exposed to Sun/UV or weather.

Of course if someone's going to paint that area they would have to paint it all the same as the old weathered paint won't match up with whatever exact shade of black was used originally (already mentioned above).

Last edited:
Agreed it's a satin or matte-like finish. Mine looks like a giant decal, not paint. Drive it to a custom mix paint shop and they can mix up a can for you.

Thanks for the info. Don't have anyone "reputable" where I am currently in the paint department. Need to cover a small 1" spot that got a rust bubble. Been to 3 different auto paint supply spots......none make aerosols and two couldn't match the bumper paint even with the code........

Can you post up a photo of the area involved?

First time posting pic....hope this works

MVIMG_20210721_132750.jpg

Those rust bubbles suggest there may be more rust hiding underneath. Might consider pulling the quarter window(s) to check how far it goes. Any rust starting in other locations (hood, rear hatch, under the dust deflector mounting brackets)?

I'll be pulling the window out. I have two LC's and both are leaking in the exact same spot and pouring water onto the jack. Also, YES the stupid deflector is also rusted out under the bracket. Got a spare hatch to replace the whole thing. Only other spot is under the step sill cover. Silver dollar sized surface rust. The place I order parts from always calls to ask if I purposely mean to order two of everything......both trucks always have the exact same issues.

Water leaking onto the jack is often getting in under the belt molding, specifically there are small holes for the clips that hold the molding in place. When new there was a very thin gasket to cover those holes but when it deteriorates water can then trickle into the quarter panel cavity. Water can also sometimes flow (if the leak is at the front of the molding) over the wheel hump and down toward the second row seat floor gutter IME.

Check your hood for rust, often shows up under the seal sealer (when it fails) or up under the supporting frame for the hood ie: behind the front/face or "nose"
of the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom