Anybody have doors or wanna go in on a parts FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if we can find a few cruiser guys to go in on a parts FJ40? I need some doors and other stuff and this would be a good way for us to maybe all get most of what we need.

sonoranfun said:
Wondering if we can find a few cruiser guys to go in on a parts FJ40? I need some doors and other stuff and this would be a good way for us to maybe all get most of what we need.

sonoranfun:

Thanks for asking . I just started fixing up my 40 and may need a few parts. I wouldn't neceesarilly want to go in on a parts rig, unless it was way cheap, but I'll buy a roll bar and a later model tire carrier from you if it has those parts. At this point I don't know what all I need just yet.

Parts

sonoranfun said:

Email me on particulars, whats there, year, costs, conditions etc.

Eric

I just figured it like this, I want doors and a front axel with disk brakes. If we could find things we all needed, motor, transfer case, seat, top and so on from a $2,000 cruiser someplace and we got maybe 4 or 5 of us to go in on the deal it would work out for all. I could use more depending on what it had but don't need more really. So let me know what any of you think or need?

theres a 1971 fj40 here in dewy. guy wants $1200 OBO last i heard. i mentioned it to some on here awhile ago and a guy said he was intrested but never heard back from him. the body was ruff but the top doors and drive train was all there.
let mee know and il PM details.

mike

I own it

lx450landcruiser said:
theres a 1971 fj40 here in dewy. guy wants $1200 OBO last i heard. i mentioned it to some on here awhile ago and a guy said he was intrested but never heard back from him. the body was ruff but the top doors and drive train was all there.
let mee know and il PM details.

mike

Hi Mike,
I did go up and I did buy that 40 in dewy. Although in our conversations you said it was a 79 and in this post you say 71. It is in fact a 78 mfg date of 12/78 with round bezel and 411 gears. I bought the 78 mentioned and a 76 that I am going to part most of both out. I was going to drag the 78 down to chandler today but the 17 is closed brush fire. Hopefully tomorrow. So if anyone wants to stop by and look over the rigs let me know.

Thanks
Vic

Bruno AZ said:
Hi Mike,
I did go up and I did buy that 40 in dewy. Although in our conversations you said it was a 79 and in this post you say 71. It is in fact a 78 mfg date of 12/78 with round bezel and 411 gears. I bought the 78 mentioned and a 76 that I am going to part most of both out. I was going to drag the 78 down to chandler today but the 17 is closed brush fire. Hopefully tomorrow. So if anyone wants to stop by and look over the rigs let me know.

Thanks
Vic

sorry about that i knew it was either a 78 or 79 i dont know why i just said it was a 71? meybe i got mine mixed up with it. Any ways good to hear you got it hope they didnt screw with you on the price. whats your plans for it? part it out i assume?

mike

Vic,

Top Glass?

Plans

lx450landcruiser said:
sorry about that i knew it was either a 78 or 79 i dont know why i just said it was a 71? meybe i got mine mixed up with it. Any ways good to hear you got it hope they didnt screw with you on the price. whats your plans for it? part it out i assume?

mike

Hi Mike,

I was able to turn the motor while was up there and I think I'll see if I can get it to run just to check compression. My 76 has a good tub with cut wells so I bought the CCOT full quarters and will fix the tub and then sell it to someone who wants a rust free tub. The frame on the 76 is hacked and what a shame that was as the frame is in mint condition or should I say was. The 78 I'm just going to part out and keep the frame. I will take the plasma cutter to that ub and cut out anything that might be usable down the road. I don't know if you still want the front axle as this is not a 373 unit like on the 79 thru 84. I also have a almost new EZ locker for it too. Thank you for the heads up and let me know on the front axle.

PS I wasn't going to say anything but this 78 was abandoned in cottonwood and any one of us could have had it for nothing. Doesn't that suck.

Vic

Yep

BMAN said:
Vic,

Top Glass?

Two sets one 76 single side windows and 78 with vent side windows. Both windshields have bb holes. Tim Hill will get 1st crack as he is 1st in line. He wants one of the hard tops I don't know which one he is going to take though.
I'm in Chandler and you or anyone else is welcome to come by and look before you buy. If I can get up and down the 17 tomorrow the 78 will be here with the 76.

Thanks
Vic

el_diabolico said:
How much for the front axle?

I'm sorry el diabolico. Lx450 has 1st crack and T. Hill is 2nd. I know you were 2nd on the 76 axle I had and it sold to T. Hill. I am looking at a 77 in NM next week and will give you 1st offer. Depending on the condition. Between 250 and 400 is what I would sell for. Again I am sorry and will pm you next week.

Thanks
Vic

Vic you seem to buy up alot of 40s? you intrested in mine? lol you could fix her up or part her out if ya want. $3500 i know its kinda far out there but i know i have more then that in parts in her i just dont have the time to do it myself.

mike

lx450landcruiser said:
Vic you seem to buy up alot of 40s? you intrested in mine? lol you could fix her up or part her out if ya want. $3500 i know its kinda far out there but i know i have more then that in parts in her i just dont have the time to do it myself.

mike

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry I can't buy any more right now. I wish I had more storage room but I simply have a 3 car garage and can do two at a time. I don't really buy runners that could still be enjoyed even though they may be a litlle fuglly and worn. The point of a 40 to me at least is the joy and work of driving one weather it's a 2k beater or a 20k resto. I even enjoy the absolute labor of repairing and or restoring one. The 40 is my therapy.

Thanks
Vic

Does anybody have or know where I can get just the fiberglass lid for my 74? I also have an OEM soft top frame and am curious as to whether the Paki canvas fits, or ......?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom