Anybody have an Inside Sink? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been looking at HDj81's and have come a few JDM's with a "Camper Kit", which looks like a rear bed and sink.

Does anybody have a sink setup in the back of their 80's? Is there an easy/creative way to plumb the drain and supply water?

I'm thinking it's a good way to brush teeth, wash hands, and get a drink in the middle of the night for those of us that sleep in our 80's / 60's.

This is a typical JDM "Camper Kit".
HDJ81-Camping_Kit med.jpg

aamiggia said:
Been looking at HDj81's and have come a few JDM's with a "Camper Kit", which looks like a rear bed and sink.

Does anybody have a sink setup in the back of their 80's? Is there an easy/creative way to plumb the drain and supply water?

I'm thinking it's a good way to brush teeth, wash hands, and get a drink in the middle of the night for those of us that sleep in our 80's / 60's.

This is a typical JDM "Camper Kit".

That looks pretty "home-made" to me, I would think anything OEM from the JDM would be much cleaner then that ... and not made out of wood ... but what do I know.

In any case, most people I know who have had those in their conversion vans and the like say they never end up using the sink as its not worth the hassle.

The drain on my landrover sink is plumbed right through the wheel well.

yup, I would run it thru the inner rear panel and out the drain holes in the rear 1/4.

really though a folding fabric sink prolly makes more sense, kinda like those folding dog dishes

fir water in the rear of my 80 I had a NATO 5 gall water jug mounted, I would open the rear slider, and stick a hand pump in it, worked great.

stayalert said:
The drain on my landrover sink is plumbed right through the wheel well.

Outdoor plumbing

I rarely need a sink per se, but having a little running water is essential IMHO. I just got my '94 LC, but what I've had in my Tacoma Prerunner for a long time is a plastic radiator-overflow container stuck in one corner of the bed -- under one end of my metal cross-bed box, actually. The filler neck is real accessable, and the nipple on the bottom has a 3/8" line on it that exits through a weep hole in the corner of the bed and drops down between the front end of the bed and the back of the cab. You can't see the brass valve at the end unless you know to feel for it, but when I come back from a hike with poison oak on my hands -- or whatever -- it comes in real handy.

I think I'll mount a container in that storage space on the right side under the rear sliding window of my LC, and have the tap somewhere in the wheel well.

Last edited:
Can you just dump grey water straight on the ground? I think you should make a provision for a grey water tank if you ever plan to camp in a campground. They make some nice 5Gal ones with wheels an a standard hose fitting. So if you have a hose fitting on the drain and a short length of hose you are set.
This might be a good idea even if you use primitve camps. Who wants a puddle of water/mud right by the rig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom