Anybody have a non-USA carb rebuild kit part number? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK, I'm exhausted from searching...

Does anybody know of any part numbers for an aftermarket non-USA carb rebuild kit? It's a Canadian carb manufactured 12/12/77. I haven't been able to find anything besides $OR.

I am sure one of the carb gurus will correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure there is nothing "Canadian" about your carb; and any kit for a 2F carb of your vintage will work just fine. The two carb rebuild kits I have purchased covered a wide rage of models.

KEM 15643
Hygrade 791B

Last edited:
I am sure one of the carb gurus will correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure there is nothing "Canadian" about your carb; and any kit for a 2F carb of your vintage will work just fine. The two carb rebuild kits I have purchased covered a wide rage of models.

KEM 15643
Hygrade 791B

Oh, my carb is very Canadian, eh. And there is a difference (actually many differences) from the USA version of the same vintage.

I was gonna ask the same thing about my non-USA Aisan carb (Easter Island Model II version 5.01.71). :flipoff2:

I doubt there is any difference between a Canadian carb and the standard issue non-USA carb but I'm pretty sure thats the direction John was going with that.

I'd get a hold of Trollhole.

On second thought, if it is stamped "Delco" you might be onto something.

Sorry Splangy, just a piss poor attempt at humor.

I've used Royze kits in the past and was very satisfied with them.

Royze

I'd double check with them for the exact number (instead of relying on their website which sucks).

I just happened to glance at my 78 US carb and a non-US version of the same vintage the other day. I wasn't really scrutinizing but the only differences I noticed were the various smog ports and the TP. Other than that they seemed pretty close. I think that both carbs would use basically the same kit.

I just happened to glance at my 78 US carb and a non-US version of the same vintage the other day. I wasn't really scrutinizing but the only differences I noticed were the various smog ports and the TP. Other than that they seemed pretty close. I think that both carbs would use basically the same kit.

Nope. The bodies are completely different sizes. Besides, "basically" isn't good enough when rebuilding a carb!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom