Anybody happen to know the load ratings for our oem roof rack side rails? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title states im just interested in the load rating for the roof rack side rails not the bars, as im planning on mounting extruded aluminum bars to them

It can’t be much there isn’t anything structural supporting them from underneath. You’re better off getting a rack or mounts that are on attached to the drip rail. Then all of the weight is supported by the side pillars. I know this doesn’t answer your question but just my opinion.

It can’t be much there isn’t anything structural supporting them from underneath. You’re better off getting a rack or mounts that are on attached to the drip rail. Then all of the weight is supported by the side pillars. I know this doesn’t answer your question but just my opinion.
Ah i gotcha, i came from a 100 series and seen people use extruded aluminum rails on them with the oem siderails which held up fine but im guessing the 80 series side rails dont hold it well maybe... if its not strong i might just pick up a set of gamiviti rain gutter towers

Thanks for the replies @voodu3 i really apperciate them! I contacted gamiviti as well and they have suggested its possible that it will be able to hold a good amount of weight but its better to just get rain gutter towers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom