Anybody else actually have driving gloves in the glovebox? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious. I've got a pair of 25 year old driving gloves in there from my brother who gave them to me upon grad school graduation. Sometimes on long drives I'll remember them and put 'em on for a few hours. Surprisingly, they really do make a difference in ease of driving in subtle ways. I used them at the track all the time.

So, what's in your 80's glovebox?

Technical content: A large percentage of squeaks and rattles can be traced to items the owner has stored in various places in the car.

I also have:

Toyota wheel lock
Registration, etc
Rain-X bottle and rag
Owner's manual
Couple fuses
Portable handheld CB
Survival tool
Fast food napkins (I grab a wad and shove them in periodically when low)
Brown driving gloves
Pen
Maintenance log

Don't list center console crap - a later post as there's going to be some wierd stuff in your consoles I'd wager...

DougM

You're really on a roll tonight Doug....

Since taxes were just due, it seems you are on an "itemization" kick.....

;)

Fired up day. Great ride. Great ride coming tomorrow. Brother in law's baby due literally any day. Just great stuff going on. I'm wired on life...

DougM

Alot of napkins
Factory manual, service records, etc
Tire gauge
Insurance

That is all..

So, what's in your 80's glovebox?

OK, I'll play...

• License and insurance
  • Spare bulb for centre cabin light
  • 7 yen
  • 1 box JDM tissue
  • My last 2 BC Ferries assured loading tickets :frown:
  • List of BioDiesel pumps

spare fuses live in the ashtray

:beer: -Steve

tampons, tampons and more tampons with an occational wet nap.

X2, plus a big wad of Starbucks napkins and a bunch of fingernail polish. The 80 rides so smooth, she thinks its her own personal nail salon. I think there might be a map or two in there, but I don't need those as I never get lost.......;)

Nothing...the parts that hold it up are missing so when you release the latch it falls open to the floor! :doh: If you have females in your family tampons should be standard equipment in all vehicles.

hair brush
make up
tissues
and a bunch of other wife crap

I don't look in there, it only annoys me :mad:

well, since i just bought mine ill play. in my old care i had ALL KINDS of crap in there... birth certificate, waiver from the FAA for colorblindness, passport, social security card, a random picture of me eating a giant smoked turkey leg, an old picture of an ex, pilots log, insurance card for the old car, the motorcycle, and the even OLDER car.. :D
all of the paperwork for my last 4 vehicles... wtf?
some driving gloves (actually leather motorcycle gloves but whatever)
old bills
man, all kinds of crap..

I realized I shouldnt have all of those important documents in there.. so I moved them back into the house in the filing cabinet. :lol:

Owners Manual, Toilet Paper.

owner's manual.
original service record book.
old sunglasses
ziplock bag with ketchup, mustard, taco sauce, salt, pepper, spork, etc.
lots of napkins

and...

a pair of gloves...hell...if you don't have gloves in there, you outta be calling it something else.

Napkins
Big ziplock with candy and more napkins.
T.P.
Reg. and Ins.
Crokies for sunglasses.
Nail clippers.
Ham study guide.

ken

I've got a pair of beautiful kid driving gloves that my dad rode with before the war in there but I never used them except in the winter when I lived in Mass. In addition I have:
Service Log
Registration and Insurance
Pen
Tire Pressure Gauge
Flashlight - small LED
Wine Bottle Opener and Plastic Wine Glass for tasting new wines in the
99centsonly store. If you find a good one at home by the time you get back they are all gone.
LA Freeway Map and finally a copy of Doug's Head Gasket Video in case I ever have to do it in the road.
Michael

owners manual and condoms...

I think my gay neighbor has driving gloves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom