1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody doing a knuckle rebuild soon around Boulder/Denver?

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Southbound, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Southbound

Southbound

I'd love to see it done before I try it myself.

Thanks!

2. MR.FJ60

MR.FJ60

Its not a hard Job at all if you keep track of every part. You should get yourself a FSM (factory service manual) It's got great detail pictures for you to do the job. Good luck.

3. lowtideride

lowtideride

Media:
    Albums:
    Ill be doing my 3400th rebuild this week in Florida...jump a flight or steel a gas tanker.

4. Southbound

Southbound

Heh heh. How fast can you do it now? Have you had bad luck with your cruisers or is it something that should be done more often than I'm thinking?

I ordered a DVD someone on this board put together that shows a rebuild. I've heard it's not too hard but it's a brave and exotic new world for me. I like to speak at least a little of the language before visiting new places...

5. lowtideride

lowtideride

Media:
    Albums:
    I broke some birfs and bearings, changed rotors, put lockers in...all require taking the front end apart. But this one is on my brothers truck. Which is the same rebuild it just has shorter axle shafts..fj40..post up if ya need anyhelp...its an easy job just messy.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">