Anybody cut the 1/4s off their 100 for a rear bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GMSilk_Fj60

SILVER Star
Threads
Greetings all.

Due to some rust and damage I am strongly considering cutting off the lower 1/4 panels of my 100 and custom fitting a rear bumper that will fit in the old body line. Has any one done this?

So far I've elevated the electronics behind on drivers side to higher up in the body. Next Is making a plan for the drain tubes but at the end of the day the question is a straight chop and weld on or a jeep cherokee style cut the back 75% off (inboard body panel) and fold the existing outboard body sheet metal back.

I'd love to hear some thoughts.

Check the link. Ive seen some folks chop the 1/4 on 80 series (picture taken from link above). I'm thinking of following the same body line but on the UZJ100.

chop cut 2.jpg
chop 1 4.jpg

Following, trying to see what others are doing with their 100 less the plastic bumper. Not going to spend what the companies are asking for a premade bar these days.

Following, trying to see what others are doing with their 100 less the plastic bumper. Not going to spend what the companies are asking for a premade bar these days.
Agree about prices. Crazy expensive compared to the slabs of angle iron im used to with 40's. Doesn't seem like there is a lot of prior experience on the topic of 100's. I will try to document what I get into. My thought was to modify the 4x4 labs design to fill the 1/4 once chopped.

My 4X4Labs labs bumper kit arrives today, depending on what lurks behind the plastic bumper there may be some surgery to the qrtr panel. I did this to an old fj60 I once had, but mostly to cut out rust, etc.

You ever make that chop? I’m going to do mine … and chop the last few inches of the frame then re weld or bolt the cross member further forward. Looking at a custom rear bumper to fit in there nice n tight. Ditching the tow hitch and going for a better departure angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom