Any wheeling this weekend? 2-2-13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I feel like going out and have a friend that has never been. I would love to go out and do something but don't want to go alone, nor know any spots I'm too comfortable with yet.

Anyone else interested in hitting a trail?

The most watched program on TV is on that day.... I'd love to get out too.. but taking the family to Tombstone on Saturday for my daughters birthday and Sunday is the SuperBowl... I'd go but our 9'ers are playin in it!:hillbilly:

If you really wanted to watch the game (or the commercials), you could wheel until around 4:00 or so and then go to your favorite television type destination...

If you really wanted to watch the game (or the commercials), you could wheel until around 4:00 or so and then go to your favorite television type destination...

When has this plan ever worked.:hillbilly:

JJ and I made this happen about 3 weeks ago:meh: The 3:30 rule just moves up a little:flipoff2:

JJ and I made this happen about 3 weeks ago:meh: The 3:30 rule just moves up a little:flipoff2:

Yeah Carl, but you are always late. :rolleyes: JJ must have been in charge of the time. As for the Superbowl, I agree with Phil. :meh:

The superbowl is on Sunday double >:meh:
2x this. What superbowl? What golf tournament? Good luck on cutting it short, Carl. This is WHEELING WEATHER!! Yesterday it was hard to head back to the staging area to air up much before dark.

188 miles today 98 dirt:cool:

New adventure wheeling just around the corner.

PM sent to guys interested wheel and hike on Sunday. Now no more wheeling just a morning hike.

IMG_5112.jpg

Kool. Looks a lot like a trail I was on south of Globe a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
Bit of a horror story

We were househunting y'day - Super Bowl Sunday - way out on 144th St, adjacent to Tonto NF in what my wife calls "Arabian Horse Country".

Came across a group of six dirt bike + ATVers, who were amassed around their car....that had had all 4 of its tires slashed when they were out wheeling.

Is this a not-atypical interaction of the horsey set with the wheeling set? I couldn't even pull their trailer home for them, as we were in my m-in-law's tiny RAV4, with the three of us plus Aurora & Borealis - no room in the car and no hitch.

We were househunting y'day - Super Bowl Sunday - way out on 144th St, adjacent to Tonto NF in what my wife calls "Arabian Horse Country".

Came across a group of six dirt bike + ATVers, who were amassed around their car....that had had all 4 of its tires slashed when they were out wheeling.

Don't know the deal, wasn't there, so can only guess?

That wash is a high traffic, exposure, recreation area, bordering a housing area. There is a history of animosity, has been mayhem, users driving across, parking on peoples yards, cutting fence, etc. There have been steps taken, attempting alleviate the problem. IIRC, there is a new staging area with signage/maps showing where you should and shouldn't be. Were they parked/trespassing on private property? It is the users responsibility to know where they are, respect others property, not that it would justify cutting of the tires.

Is this a not-atypical interaction of the horsey set with the wheeling set? I couldn't even pull their trailer home for them, as we were in my m-in-law's tiny RAV4, with the three of us plus Aurora & Borealis - no room in the car and no hitch.

To my knowledge, not typical/normal interaction. We don't know who did the deed, blaming the "horsey set" is easy, but is jumping to an unsupported conclusion?

Right: maybe my questions sounded like an accusation. Think of my query as a question from an area newbie; I'm trying to gauge whether there are areas, etc., it may be best to avoid, or encounters where it's best to know how to be proactive, etc.
If we're going to be spending a fair part of each year down here, maybe we would be better based out of THIS location as opposed to THAT location, etc. That's all!

you are overthinking this - my humble opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom