any vendors making undercarriage armor for late model 40 series?

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
As in u-bolt skidplates? That would be me!

If you mean trans and t-case skidplates, I think both IPOR and Tojo Products are making skidplates. And while I have never seen them advertised anywhere, while I was in PA last fall for the BBRC Fall Crawl, I saw a skidplate being offered by David Crum, but I don't even know what he calls his. It 'might' be CWC.

Best

Mark A.

Awl_TEQ

Supporting Vendor
That one is nice but doesn't fit 8/80 and later. Roberto's rig is a BJ42 making it later. I didn't look deeper to see if they had another one.

yeah I checked IPOR and seen that they dont make a late/ late model 40 series plate. I will keep a searching. May just take mine to a fab shop and see what they can mock up

thanks
Rob

Website
www.cardomain.com
I Was going to suggest the same thing as Roberto. I found a couple of guys in my town that do phenominal welding. The guy who made my bumper is a perfectionist with his welds. Check around for some local 4x4 shops. This way you get exactly what you want.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Call IPOR and see if they make anything not on the site. Willing to bet they do.

Also the forklift isn't 20k but still very heavy. Had the plate been bolted to the ground it wouldn't have budged. I stock skid would be a flat piece of metal.

chupacabra
Can you post some pics of the plate on your FJ40? Thanks.

Here are some photos with mine in them. Sorry no photos specifically for the skid plate, but you can see it or parts of it in these:

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_3818.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom