Any vendors have OME suspension kits in stock? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been looking for an OME suspension kit for my 1984 FJ60. It seems all of the vendors do not have any in stock. I ordered a kit for my FJ40 in early May and still havent received it. I guess none of the vendors are stocking parts like this any longer, but still find it odd that it would take this long to get. Anyone know of a vendor selling in stock 60 series kits?

I have been looking for an OME suspension kit for my 1984 FJ60. It seems all of the vendors do not have any in stock. I ordered a kit for my FJ40 in early May and still havent received it. I guess none of the vendors are stocking parts like this any longer, but still find it odd that it would take this long to get. Anyone know of a vendor selling in stock 60 series kits?
Second the Cruiser Outfitters recommendation.

From poking around online, I’ve seen several sites that state something to the effect that many ARB products are on indefinite back order. Due to ‘rona lockdowns being imposed in Australia once again.

We absolutely still stock 100% of the Old Man Emu components for the 4x, 6x, 6x, 8x, etc here at Cruiser Outfitters. However, supply chain disruptions on the parts from Australia have us waiting on parts to fulfill orders. We are out of springs one day, shocks the next. But, with time we get the kits shipped complete and often we have substitute options for the out of stock items. For example we should be able to ship a 60 Series kit tomorrow if you were OK with some substitutions in the shackles as the OME ones are back-ordered. But we should see plenty of those later this month too. When all is said and done and our back-orders arrive, we'll have more OME stock on the shelves then ever before. Buzz us at Cruiser Outfitters if we can help.

I had to cancel my order from another well known vendor after waitimg over 2 months. They kept saying they were waiting on greasable pins. I ordered the HFS kit since it was in stock and is currently on the way to my locale.

I had to cancel my order from another well known vendor after waitimg over 2 months. They kept saying they were waiting on greasable pins. I ordered the HFS kit since it was in stock and is currently on the way to my locale.

Bummer. We have OME, OEM and several aftermarket spring pin variants in stock.

Taking nothing away from other vendors, but it sure seems like simply starting with @cruiseroutfit as the vendor of choice for OME suspensions (among others) avoids the general all-around hassles commonly associated with ordering suspension kits. They just seem to do it better than anyone else. Seems like any time someone orders from elsewhere, there is an associated thread on mud detailing their suffering trying to get through a suspension install. Obviously the current climate makes ordering gear a bit more challenging than usual for everyone, but if you just start with Cruiser Outfitters to begin with, you avoid many of the common pitfalls that come with ordering automotive specialty parts. I couldn't be happier with their service when ordering my OME kit. Those are the only types of experiences I ever see on here associated with Kurt and his crew. There are plenty of great vendors on here and for my money CO is among these best.

I have a complete kit I removed from 62. I had to go with the heavy duty spring when i did LS swap. Nothing wrong with the kit probably has 5000 miles on it. PM if you are interested

I installed a HFS kit on my 87 FJ60 2 years ago, I was skeptical on choosing it over the OME kit.
However 2 years and about 20 thousand miles later, I couldn't be happier.

I have a complete kit I removed from 62. I had to go with the heavy duty spring when i did LS swap. Nothing wrong with the kit probably has 5000 miles on it. PM if you are interested
Not sure if you know but with the OME springs you can just purchase additional leaves to bring the spring rate up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom