Any value in 10 Years old BFG T/A KO Tires with low/no milage, excellent tread and no signs of sidewall cracking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to replace some BFG A/T T/A KO Tires (32X11.50R15) I purchased in 6/2011, with less than 3500 miles on them (about 40-50% off-road). The Vehicle is garaged when not in use, so the tires are not exposed to environmental conditions that would normally cause damage. The rubber is excellent for the age of the tires. Four of them have chips of rubber missing off the edges of the tires. The chips came off while off-roading on some difficult, rocky terrain in Arizona. I wasn't happy that they chipped like that (*(when they were practically brand new) and the Seller indicated there was nothing defective with the tires. I have five (5) of them and one was never seen pavement. I hate to see them go to recycling if someone can use a good set of used tires for their rig. I could deliver to Utah in the Fall. I'm not posting to the Classifieds at this time because they are still mounted on my vehicle and not available for immediate sale. I'm just trying to determine if tires of this age have any value left in them before I post. I'm in Arizona, if anyone is interested. Appreciate any comments on whether tires of this age are still viable for use.

No arguments that this is a high consequence decision and you're absolutely better safe than sorry. That being said, I'd run em on my junk without much concern and I'm sure others out there would too. definitely would list em and market them for what they are as you are doing versus paying for disposal and letting the tire shop guy snag em... Either way, they won't make it to the trash with that sort of tread. someone out there is gonna be finishing those tires off.

No arguments that this is a high consequence decision and you're absolutely better safe than sorry. That being said, I'd run em on my junk without much concern and I'm sure others out there would too. definitely would list em and market them for what they are as you are doing versus paying for disposal and letting the tire shop guy snag em... Either way, they won't make it to the trash with that sort of tread. someone out there is gonna be finishing those tires off.

That’s what I was thinking. For the price of ONE TIRE you could get a set of 5 tires that are probably good for 5 years or more.

I had a set of these tires for 10 years on an '85 4Runner before selling. New owner ran them for another 10 years before the engine blew.
I'd run them with no concern whatsoever.

That’s what I was thinking. For the price of ONE TIRE you could get a set of 5 tires that are probably good for 5 years or more.
Precisely. Hell if you were close I'd be a buyer and I'd throw em on my 40. Also, having had a buddy that worked at a tire shop I'd 100% guarantee somebody would be "disposing" of those right into the back of their truck and taking em home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom