Any updated dash kit options? Not wood…. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going from an LX to a Cruiser I’m not really digging all the exposed plastic, I didn’t have the whole kit on the LX just the stock wood but it was a nice touch. Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to throw wood on it at all but how about just some black or other style accents? Anyone know of any reasonable options or has anyone painted a wood kit and slapped it on?

I see “vinyl” kits on eBay in multiple styles but that just amounts to a bunch of stickers doesn’t it?

Check out this thread. May be from the same place but gives you some perspective

Wow that’s a good price for the quality thank you, I wonder if the same guy sells it in black or anything else. It’s not a bad looking obnoxious wood and if it were my old stock LX it would have been find but I’m going with a much more “rugged” build this time and don’t think the wood would play very well….

Last edited:
Tempted to try out one of the real carbon fiber dash kits -- anyone else out there tried it? Any photos? Pros/Cons?

Tempted to try out one of the real carbon fiber dash kits -- anyone else out there tried it? Any photos? Pros/Cons?

I put a black semi glossy kit in mine but I didn't do everything, just the parts that weren't already black. While a different material obviously that's what I had in my 2020 GX and it looked nice so I went for that look.

Actual carbon fiber would be cool, where are you seeing that?

I put a black semi glossy kit in mine but I didn't do everything, just the parts that weren't already black. While a different material obviously that's what I had in my 2020 GX and it looked nice so I went for that look.

Actual carbon fiber would be cool, where are you seeing that?
Would love to see photos if you have them! In mine I believe a dark color would look better than wood, which is why I am contemplating the carbon fiber, but that might be "too much".

A couple sources I am looking at - they run about $250 for the 'real' carbon fiber, and I can't speak to whether these companies are trash or not:

I have only found one link on Ih8mud that shows someone with a piece or two of CF trim and it is difficult to judge:
-Post #19

Would love to see photos if you have them! In mine I believe a dark color would look better than wood, which is why I am contemplating the carbon fiber, but that might be "too much".

A couple sources I am looking at - they run about $250 for the 'real' carbon fiber, and I can't speak to whether these companies are trash or not:

I have only found one link on Ih8mud that shows someone with a piece or two of CF trim and it is difficult to judge:
-Post #19

Yea I'll get you some in the day tomorrow, $250 isn't bad if it's real carbon fiber considering the fake wood and vinyl ones go for like $150.

Yea I'll get you some in the day tomorrow, $250 isn't bad if it's real carbon fiber considering the fake wood and vinyl ones go for like $150.
That would be great. As much as the carbon fiber is tempting - I am worried it will look like the vehicle is trying to hard to be something its not. But I would like something to dress up the plastic that suits it.

That would be great. As much as the carbon fiber is tempting - I am worried it will look like the vehicle is trying to hard to be something its not. But I would like something to dress up the plastic that suits it.

Funny that's exactly why I went with the black instead of the fake carbon fiber...

-Post #19

Sorry it's dirty but I got some pics, I pretty much just used the bare minimum of pieces there are probably a dozen other pieces but I didn't want to go over board and most of what is left is black already.

8D4640AA-1C0C-448C-B946-5914B1928B44.jpeg
A25C9DDF-5BEA-4687-AA47-1C29BBFCF7B2.jpeg
C27DA46E-2B57-4EC4-9ECD-B6FAD165293F.jpeg
7BB067B2-C141-49C0-8972-0182E70115A9.jpeg

Thanks for posting! It is a sleek look. This is what I am trying to cover - the center console plastic has a swirl to it that is begging to be covered.

Sorry it's dirty but I got some pics, I pretty much just used the bare minimum of pieces there are probably a dozen other pieces but I didn't want to go over board and most of what is left is black already.

20230206_200623.jpg

Thanks for posting! It is a sleek look. This is what I am trying to cover - the center console plastic has a swirl to it that is begging to be covered.

View attachment 3241446

I just felt like it looked better than brown plastic, I wasn't really looking for it to transform the interior....I wanted subtle. I'll tell you though it looks better in person and when clean obviously, those pictures don't do it justice it looks like it's stock. Also it's like a padded surface almost so if I put something on the side, say for instance my sunglasses, they stay in place...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom