Any trails near Las Vegas, NewMexico? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
'll be spending the next week in Las Vegas NM with my wife and 17mth old, anyone know of any moderate to easy trails near by? I've been on some in Red River, but that's going to be 2.5hrs away.

Jeremy,
I don't know of anything off the top of my head but I still have my Gazetter for NM if you want to borrow it. Should be something. There is federal land all over out there.
CAS

It's the atlas kind of book with topo maps of the whole state. It shows all the roads from interstate all the way down to goat paths.

Wow, the catwalk looks great, sure got my hopes up. unfortunately, thats South West about 365miles :(

All you need do is head up the hill to mora. Turn right in the center of town to Angel Fire, one of the coolest 1.25 land paved roads you'll ever cruise. Once in Angel Fire, you can take Forest Road 76 back to Tres Ritos for 40 something miles of offroading, with many opportunities to explore two track, or take Rito Olla road off of 76 down to Taos. Not really heavy duty, but nice family 'wheeling with beautiful mountain streams, lakes, meadows, and view. From Angel Fire, you can access Red River 30 miles away with some of the best wheeling in New Mexico, Goose Creek Lake, and Middle Fork lake are somewhat rough, on Middle Fork Lake, 16 sitchbacks, half of them have to be backed up with excellent waterfall picnic stop in the middle. Fourth of July Canyon is excellent off camber wheeling, followed by a trip on the old pass road. Lots to do and see here, just slightly uphill from where you'll be. Good day trips, all of em, from/to Las Vegas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom