Any trail rides in N Ga? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New here. Just getting back into off-roading. Got a Tacoma OR a few weeks back and have been hitting some trails. Would like to join some group rides. Still stock so nothing too extreme.

I’m up for it.
You familiar with any trails in N GA? I’ve done the following with a lot of FS roads.

Old Bucktown
Nimblewill Gap
Tickanetley
Horseshoe Ridge

Next on my list is Charlie’s Creek and possibly Cashes Valley. Cashes might be more than I want to do stock.

GSMTR starts tomorrow and runs thru the 1st. That is easily going to be a group of trail rides. Many come for the entire event or what their schedule allows. But it is at Windrock so it is in TN. Your title specified N Ga so Windrock is further and might be out for you.

My plan is to drive up tomorrow afternoon and return on the 1st. I would like to make it a relaxing trip by taking 411 up (avoid the construction and traffic in Chattanooga while enjoying the fall colors/sights along 411)

Good luck in finding what meets your preferences.

You familiar with any trails in N GA? I’ve done the following with a lot of FS roads.

Old Bucktown
Nimblewill Gap
Tickanetley
Horseshoe Ridge

Next on my list is Charlie’s Creek and possibly Cashes Valley. Cashes might be more than I want to do stock.
Not sure if I’ve done any of those but i did do charlie’s creek not too long ago in my taco and it was fun, not too hard. Tray mtn is decent too but the back half is closed currently. Your taco will surprise you how capable it is. I’m up for any of them as long as it’s not too rocky since I don’t have sliders just yet.

LD thanks for the info. Probably too short notice for that. Windrock is in Knoxville correct? Hope you have a great time. The leaves are getting nice up this way.

All of those can be done in 2wd with a little clearance especially if dry. Some spots I did 4 high. Tickanetley is fun but overgrown and pinstripes are an issue.
I think I’m free next weekend then Nov 14th weekend. Let me know what works for you to do a day trip.
My daughter plays club soccer so several weekends will be out including this weekend.
I live in Jasper

All of those can be done in 2wd with a little clearance especially if dry. Some spots I did 4 high. Tickanetley is fun but overgrown and pinstripes are an issue.
I think I’m free next weekend then Nov 14th weekend. Let me know what works for you to do a day trip.
My daughter plays club soccer so several weekends will be out including this weekend.
I live in Jasper
Ok, Next weekend is Halloween so can’t do it but nov 14 could be an option. I have a friend who wants to take his new 80 out too so we can get a gang of trucks together.

Sounds good to me. I’ll keep Nov 14 weekend open. If you have the app AllTrails it has a map of the trails I listed but I’m down to do whatever.

One of my daughters games got canceled this weekend due to the rain. It is rescheduled for the 14th. Still free on the 15th or the following weekend.

I live in ATL with a 200 with upgraded suspension but no added protection. Would be interested in something like this! Keep me posted as well, I was just there this weekend.

Looking like Nov 15th right now. Possibly Charlie’s Creek and then go from there.

hoping all the fallen trees are removed by then

I heard Cashes was fun but several crossing are pretty deep. 1 video I watched looked kinda difficult but worth checking out for sure

Depending on where you guys end up for place and date I may be in. I need to go ride somewhere

Looks like this weekend is not going to work. A few things came up last min. We can try to set something up soon

Sunday might be an option for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom