Any tips to remove the rear-door smaller window, 1984 fj60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You need to unsecure the middle divider. There’s a screw holding the top in place and two bolts holding the bottom to the inside skin of the door (under the moisture barrier). Remove all of those, lower the main window, and you should have enough space to pull the small window glass out. Use lots of soapy water to help slide the gasket out.

@red66toy may have more tips :)

You need to unsecure the middle divider. There’s a screw holding the top in place and two bolts holding the bottom to the inside skin of the door (under the moisture barrier). Remove all of those, lower the main window, and you should have enough space to pull the small window glass out. Use lots of soapy water to help slide the gasket out.

@red66toy may have more tips 

Thank you. What about just removing the seal? I had some work done on my door panels. The vinyl the guy used is thicker than stock. Having problems getting the door cards back on under the seal of the small window?

As I recall there is a screw on top of the door under the weatherstripping that needs to come off for that divider to come out. Here is an image but it doesn't show that the screw/bolt goes through the top frame of the door. Get the division bar out then work the small window and rubber forward and tilt it out.

1645315939914.png

"The vinyl the guy used is thicker than stock. Having problems getting the door cards back on under the seal of the small window?"

Maybe you need to use new clips? We'll need to see pics of the new vinyl to see what the problem is here. Because none of us have thick vinyl on our door cards.

"The vinyl the guy used is thicker than stock. Having problems getting the door cards back on under the seal of the small window?"

Maybe you need to use new clips? We'll need to see pics of the new vinyl to see what the problem is here. Because none of us have thick vinyl onour door cards.I

"The vinyl the guy used is thicker than stock. Having problems getting the door cards back on under the seal of the sma

Maybe you need to use new clips? We'll need to see pics of the new vinyl to see what the problem is here. Because none of us have thick vinyl on our door cards.

ll window?"

It is about 2-3 times thicker. Man... sometimes i wish i just left things alone. I was having my seats reupholstered with the original fabric but fixing the vinyl where it had been torn. The guy suggested that he uses the same vinyl to match the doors. It didn't even dawn on me that it would be a thicker vinyl. And he just laid it over the old vinyl. So he basically destroyed my old doors and I can't really redo it which is why I figured at this point of might as well just find some new door cards. But I'm trying to make it work. I did get one of them on after trimming back some of the vinyl but now it's putting a little more pressure on the weather strips so it makes the windows a lot harder to roll up.
20220219_162138.jpg

20220219_162147.jpg

It is about 2-3 times thicker. Man... sometimes i wish i just left things alone. I was having my seats reupholstered with the original fabric but fixing the vinyl where it had been torn. The guy suggested that he uses the same vinyl to match the doors. It didn't even dawn on me that it would be a thicker vinyl. And he just laid it over the old vinyl. So he basically destroyed my old doors and I can't really redo it which is why I figured at this point of might as well just find some new door cards. But I'm trying to make it work. I did get one of them on after trimming back some of the vinyl but now it's putting a little more pressure on the weather strips so it makes the windows a lot harder to roll up.View attachment 2930885

View attachment 2930886
Is it possible to get new felt with the chrome for these doors?

It is about 2-3 times thicker. Man... sometimes i wish i just left things alone. I was having my seats reupholstered with the original fabric but fixing the vinyl where it had been torn. The guy suggested that he uses the same vinyl to match the doors. It didn't even dawn on me that it would be a thicker vinyl. And he just laid it over the old vinyl. So he basically destroyed my old doors and I can't really redo it which is why I figured at this point of might as well just find some new door cards. But I'm trying to make it work. I did get one of them on after trimming back some of the vinyl but now it's putting a little more pressure on the weather strips so it makes the windows a lot harder to roll up.View attachment 2930885

View attachment 2930886
That vinyl doesn't look all that much different. Are you using these snap in type clips?
1645324556259.png

That vinyl doesn't look all that much different. Are you using these snap in type clips? View attachment 2930988
Yes. The problem is when it wraps under the cards. And, the westher strip doesnt cover like it should. Just a tad bit too thick. Im working on it. Got one on. But it really makesncranking the window a lot harder too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom