Any tips on installing a twin t-case ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a twin case crossmember but whats the easiest way of actually fitting this thing while lining up the input shaft to the clutch and then sliding it forward ? Is it a 4 husky sized guys job ?
IMG_3507.JPG

1992 LN106 / R151F with Dyna 0.70 5th gear 2LTE bellhousing 2.28 23 spline / 23 spline 4.70 cases

Cheers.

Ya, don't do it as one piece. That mess is a handful. The tranny by itself it's a handful.

Use a tranny jack.

I put trans in first then hung all the rest of it. And yes use jacks and straps as needed.

P.S. All of that looks real purty!

I put trans in first then hung all the rest of it. And yes use jacks and straps as needed.

P.S. All of that looks real purty!
Whats the access like for the rear tcase nusts and bolts between the back of the Marlin adaptor and the back tcase ? Can you get in there once installed especially if the xmember if holding it up ??

Open/box wrench, no sockets. Not all bolts/studs/nuts will be accessible at the same time. Don't remember what order you can get to them in. Stick it up there and go for it. I had to back something off to get to another, so be patient and watch what you're doing. If you put that one on the bench together you can do it from under the truck too.

It's very do-able with two people. I've done it myself as a complete assembly and also In two chunks in multiple trucks. The worst was on my own on the garage floor lifting the whole assembly with two ratchet straps to get it into place. Not recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom