Any thoughts on Sean SilverPeakTrading? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone talked to him, baught through him? Any thoughts?

For what it's worth he doesnt seem to think the BEBs need replacing (as long as you use the right oil), likes to say it's smart to have things done in Japan before sending....like recharge AC/replace O rings, fuel pump replacement, and diff locks.

He is also paranoid about sending work history before a deposit or serious inquiry because he has had previous pictures and info of his trucks used to sell other lesser quality trucks by some other shady importer.

Otherwise seems like a normal enthusiest

Sorry, but if you request info it should be sent before money is handed over, you don't have to pay for info.

Is he a registered dealer - make sure he is.

Each truck features 100 photos and a video as well as a full description. Toyota Japan servicing is optional on some and done on other -- and noted as such.

All of that info is perfectly free. Try and find other sellers with anywhere near this kind of detail and optional actual Toyota engineers working on trucks!

If a truck has optional Toyota Japan servicing, that servicing and estimate from Toyota cost actual money. That's why it's called optional. If it does not suit your needs, no obligation exists to do it.

Our value added services BEFORE shipping are what make a difference for our customers.

Buy from sellers that you like the way they do things.

sounds like you would be one of the honest salesmen. I wish I had that sort of info before buying any of my vehicles!

Each truck features 100 photos and a video as well as a full description. Toyota Japan servicing is optional on some and done on other -- and noted as such.

All of that info is perfectly free. Try and find other sellers with anywhere near this kind of detail and optional actual Toyota engineers working on trucks!

If a truck has optional Toyota Japan servicing, that servicing and estimate from Toyota cost actual money. That's why it's called optional. If it does not suit your needs, no obligation exists to do it.

Our value added services BEFORE shipping are what make a difference for our customers.

Buy from sellers that you like the way they do things.

LOL!!
hummm, so SOME of us actually get the units examined in Japan, then again here in Canada at time of OOP and again at time of selling (all included in the cost stated, not as an add on cost)
www.luxuryimports.ca also posts tons of pics of the vehicle AND we guarrantee the condition of the unit when the unit arrives ready for delivery to the customer OR FULL REFUND...do you offer such a guarantee? WHAT guarantee do you offer once the unit arrives in Canada? what form of warranty do you offer? what recourse does a buyer have if your unit doesn't match your description?

just curious, if you are trying to set yourself up as high end then you best have something to back up the claim...

I've done enough emailing with Silver Peak and they are crap. I've found a handful of people who have recieved trucks from them that were not up to expectations, even after they had a so called "Inspection from Toyota". I've yet to actually find a REAL person who is happy with them, other then the owner posing as a buyer. After 6 or so emails directly asking the condition of the vehicle the best answer I could get was "I don't comment on the condition of the truck before toyota looks at it"

How the hell can you be in the business of "High End" vehicles if you can't even tell the buyer the general condition of it? And what kind of vehicle salesman doesn't do some sort of inspection before they purchase the vehicle themselves?

The only info they ever told me is that they are a good company, they speak and read Japaneese, buy from quality people blah blah blah....if all you can do is hype up your company when people ask the condition of a vehicle.....it's obvious you are full of s***.

One person who talked to him was told the injector pump was replaced but then someone else was told nothing has been touched.

A legitimate salesman has no worries about telling prospective buyers what is wrong and might go wrong with a vehicle. I'd be more inclined to give money to someone honest like that, than some bullshitter.

SilverPeak sucks

You don't have to like the site or Toyota or anything else for that matter.

None of you is even an actual buyer. Our real buyers are out driving instead of fixing and goofing around with email games and forum rumor mongering.

Folks that actually look at www.SilverPeakTrading.com and view the details on the trucks --- and can read have a superb set of photos and information on the general condition. That's all free as the wind.

Guys that want a Toyota tech to go over the truck have that option too. But funny, toyota doesn't work for free.

Last edited:
Not work for free? Jeeze, am I the only one working for free in this world?

Maybe I can suggest a real, positive solution to this problem. Maybe you could incorporate the cost of a THOROUGH inspection into the cost of doing legitimate business. Call it marketing, call it creating a buyer trust, call it what you want. But have it done properly, DOCUMENTED and then maybe to top it off, take a picture of the vehicle number (and it should match that on the inspection report) so that prospective buyers can confirm that this inspection was actually performed on that actual vehicle, and put it on your website for everyone to see. Then price the vehicle accordingly with what any known problems might be. That way, right from the start, the buyer has confidence in the seller's ability to do proper business in this industry, and confidence that the seller is truthful. That way even with known issues, the seller can still sell the vehicle with a known issue, and still make a profit. No one is going to beat down on someone for doing work and EARNING money. At least this way, the buyer can actually buy the vehicle knowing he can budget and be rest assured that most of the unknowns have been eliminated.

Is it just me or is that basic business sense?

You will make more money by being honest and EARNING the trust right from the start, and in turn moves more vehicles. Think about it, make $1000 profit each vehicle and move 200 a year, or gouge $5000-$10000 per vehicle and maybe sell 5 a year, and earn a bad rap?

Seem like maybe you are the one who wants to sit on your ass and make as much $$$ as you can by ripping people off.

I don't know either of you two at all.

Mr. LCdreaming, I'd say that you certainly had an agenda with this post. It appears you already had ammunition loaded and waiting for silverpeaktrading to post on the forum.

Maybe he is honest, maybe he's not, but you've obviously already figured out what you think of him and now have let the world know.

In all honesty, I think what you've just done is in poor taste and most certainly could have been done with more honor and dignity.

I think you've both just lost.

I don't know either of you two at all.

Mr. LCdreaming, I'd say that you certainly had an agenda with this post. It appears you already had ammunition loaded and waiting for silverpeaktrading to post on the forum.

Maybe he is honest, maybe he's not, but you've obviously already figured out what you think of him and now have let the world know.

In all honesty, I think what you've just done is in poor taste and most certainly could have been done with more honor and dignity.

I think you've both just lost.

This post started with a question asking for info about the seller due to the fact that I was interested in one of his trucks. Upon further digging, all I found were un happy buyers and a lack of information on the truck from SPT. I definately had no agenda at all. I actually would have liked to have heard good things about SPT as I really liked that truck. I would have been happy to buy from them, but they just made it very difficult for me to get the info I needed.

So yes I am a little bitter that they couldn't help me earn their trust as now that truck is gone. But knowing what I know I would never have felt good about handing over money to them

Out of frustration and bitterness I said some straight up thoughts, only because they failed me when I wish they hadn't.

I lost nothing as I still have my money. They lost me as a potential customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom