Any T1809 owners? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to pick one of these up for my 95 later today. T1809 is still plug and play? Anything special about installing it?
Scion T1809.jpg

The face is wider than a regular "din" size radio so probably have to trim. The body of the radio is standard size. The connectors on the T1809 were the same for my 89 4runner and 2005 Tacoma...pretty standard Toyota connector. I haven't pulled the radio in my FJ80 yet, but I'm guessing they are the same connector. Made a difference soundwise in the Tacoma for sure!

Last edited:
It has an extra plug on the back for iPod/iPhone but it's not a standard USB connector. The manual says it will control iPhone 3G which is why I wanted it. I haven't looked for part numbers for the cable as it would probably be more than I want to pay. I plan to make my own pigtail and just solder to the circuit board inside the unit. It's only 4 wires to solder and the circuit board is marked. Haven't had a lot of time lately, so no pics or anything.

Ok well I ordered this up. Got it got $75 + UPS = $88 shipped. I hope to have it by mid-week.

1) I take it the bottom plug next to the RCA jacks is the IPOD plug. Are all 4 on top using in the 95 FZJ80's?

2) My sticker say's I have a Premium 9 Speaker System. Does that mean I have a amp? Do I have up disconnect anything with that?

3) Will the Scion Deck power all 9 Speakers?
CIMG2794.JPG
CIMG2797.JPG
LC Sticker0002.jpg

I can't see all of your pics for some reason so I marked one of mine up. iPod connector on the t1809 goes to the factory iPod port in the car. I think a cable can be gotten off ebay that goes from there direct to iPod. The one I was thinking about in my earlier post was the USB connector on my t1814 (from a 2010 Scion). I have both and get them confused sometimes. i've also got the 9 speaker setup in my 80 and now I'm curious. If it weren't so cold I'd swap the factory radio out tomorrow. The t1809 may not charge an iPhone, I haven't tested. You can still get the owner's manual from Scion at Scion

The t1809 is listed under iPod as the 2007-2009 upgrade.
t1809a.jpg

I've only done the swap in my Tacoma and 4Runner, completely plug and play. My 80 is a 92. i've been thru the electrical manual, multiple internet searches, and looking around the 80. Lots of threads on here about the swap. there are 3 radio connectors behind the radio. 2 of those will plug into the back of the Scion unit, the other is no longer used and shouldn't even fit. Also, the amp does need to be unplugged on the passenger side behind the dash speaker. The biggest problem is trimming to fit the oversized faceplate. If it weren't so cold and snowing, I'd pull the 80 dash apart so I could patch a radio in and take some pics. I tend to not spend money without being nearly 100% sure something will work and this swap is a no brainer for me. I might have some time to get out there tomorrow. If so Ill reply again with pics.

So I have this unit as well, however when I plugged in the "standard" connectors going to the factory stereo, and with the same "standard"-looking connectors unplugged from the amp I have nothing happening... I do hear the internal fan or something inside the radio humming, but nothing functioning.

Also the left connection on the back of the stereo labeled "SAT/CD" goes to the AUX input on the Scion iPod/AUX harness
t1809a.jpg

My Scion 6 disk is giving error messages, so I am thinking about the T1809. Anyone have one installed? Pictures?

Thanks.

Has anybody gotten this to work in an 80, specifically a 97 LX450?

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom