Any solution for better Cup Holders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice!

I'm modeling mine after the ones I have in my Ridgeline, which would give it a deeper "holder" to about 3".

I can put just about anything in those cup holders.

These will have an opening of about 3.5", I would had liked to make them bigger, but there wouldn't be enough material around the edges.

Unfortunately mine will require the removal of the door, which is fine with me because I leave mine open all the time and the spring loaded mechanism is pretty faulty. I'm assuming that a lot of 100 series owners have the same issue.

Just ordered these from Amazon. Will post a review after I get them. The previous owner spilled about 20 gallons of coffee on this rig. Underneath the center console is a nightmare. Have lots of cleaning to do...

OxGord Cup Holder Insert for 05-17 Toyota Tacoma (Left & Right Pair) Replaces 66991-04012 & 66992-04012 Front Seat Center Console Liner Amazon product ASIN B071HTNHV9
Have these worked out for you?

I was finally able to convince @BenCC to build some cupholders to replace the anemic stock ones. Still in the development process but if you check the last few pages of his 3D Printing page (I highly HIGHLY recommend any of his stuff) you will see the work he has been doing. He is still working through his alpha prototypes, and like those that have great love for their own products, this is a labor of love for him so he will not put out something hap-hazardly.

Today I made this from the template.

IMG_2221.JPG
IMG_2222.JPG

I have some old skateboards siting around and the concave matches the curvature of the console pretty well.

As I look forward to some legit ones made by @BenCC I'm going to keep DIYing away.

I'll prob start my own thread soon if anyone is interested.

If anything I'll try to get some sort of template out, so you can cut one out yourself.

Today I made this from the template.

View attachment 2366504View attachment 2366506

I have some old skateboards siting around and the concave matches the curvature of the console pretty well.

As I look forward to some legit ones made by @BenCC I'm going to keep DIYing away.

I'll prob start my own thread soon if anyone is interested.

If anything I'll try to get some sort of template out, so you can cut one out yourself.
I like it!

Nice!

I'm modeling mine after the ones I have in my Ridgeline, which would give it a deeper "holder" to about 3".

I can put just about anything in those cup holders.

These will have an opening of about 3.5", I would had liked to make them bigger, but there wouldn't be enough material around the edges.

Unfortunately mine will require the removal of the door, which is fine with me because I leave mine open all the time and the spring loaded mechanism is pretty faulty. I'm assuming that a lot of 100 series owners have the same issue.

I'm sure its the same style my wife's pilot has, I've been saying I want her cup holders in my 100.

I have the factory butterfly center, but found right sizing the cup works best for me.
Somebody mentioned 40oz cups from Walmart earlier in this post, however I found that the 30oz works for me.
Walmart 30oz cup
Cheap and keeps my drink cold or hot for hours. All my Cruiser buddies have switched over to them.

I was thinking about something along those lines too. Similar to the ones in my 99 Taco. They're perfect

I have the factory butterfly center, but found right sizing the cup works best for me.
Somebody mentioned 40oz cups from Walmart earlier in this post, however I found that the 30oz works for me.
Walmart 30oz cup
Cheap and keeps my drink cold or hot for hours. All my Cruiser buddies have switched over to them.

Has anyone checked out Engel's 22oz tumbler? A Florida based company that claims YETI may have ripped off some of their intellectual property to get started... Anyways, with the butterfly adjusted far left, my Engel 22 stays very nicely in my '05 LX.

They also make one of the best rig frigs on the market...worth your while to check them out mates.

Cheers,
G

Last edited:
An alternative solution for the 98/99 100 series without the "butterfly"...

Using the right cups:

OF Cup 1.jpg

OF Cup 2.jpg

@HemiAlex

Awfully serendipitous here, but… I happen to have a 100 (1999) and a Tesla Model Y (I guess the gas mileage averages out between the 2…) anyhow…. I noticed the cup holder shape is VERY similar. If you’re looking for a near-OEM-style fit, here you go:
C6D435FD-7D7A-40C3-83AB-2110F3C64554.png

Tesla Model Y cup holder insert fits VERY clean in 100s (at least the early models; not sure how the space evolved after the 2000 and on…)

thankful i found this thread. huge help!!

Thanks for sharing. Ordered one for our '07 LC. We'll see if it works on the later models...

Cheers mates,
G

Awfully serendipitous here, but… I happen to have a 100 (1999) and a Tesla Model Y (I guess the gas mileage averages out between the 2…) anyhow…. I noticed the cup holder shape is VERY similar. If you’re looking for a near-OEM-style fit, here you go:View attachment 2704037

Tesla Model Y cup holder insert fits VERY clean in 100s (at least the early models; not sure how the space evolved after the 2000 and on…)
Could you check to see if this fits the rears? Thinking inserts would help keep things from spilling over.

Thanks!

Could you check to see if this fits the rears? Thinking inserts would help keep things from spilling over.

Thanks!
Good question. I walked out to snap a a few pics (front and back). As luck would have it, looks like the Tesla Model Y insert works in the back, too (with very little distortion; would certainly work for holding a drink):

9883CB90-178D-474D-9322-95AD6520A7E3.jpeg
1D6754CE-FEDE-4909-8253-AEABBD02342F.jpeg
26E7F04C-4E6A-4D39-81E7-CF89D75866DD.jpeg

Good question. I walked out to snap a a few pics (front and back). As luck would have it, looks like the Tesla Model Y insert works in the back, too (with very little distortion; would certainly work for holding a drink):
purchased as well! Will let you know how it goes in my LX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom