Any referrals for a custom ARB Drawer Insert? For the Good Stuff! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More importantly, what bourbon do you recommend?
It's Weller bourbon for me, or Jefferson Ocean barrel for straight sippin.

More importantly, what bourbon do you recommend?
At the risk of alienating friends and enemies alike (this is maybe more charged a topic than religion, guns, fast cars, etc.), I am a Maker's Mark guy --> double, rocks, "splash" of water.

@ShenValley100LC I like the sipping of the Jefferson's Ocean - good call.

Best I've tasted was a 20 year Pappy, but way outside my budget (and availability). That wheated mash bill family has some other good ones that I also can't afford/justify. I like most of the stuff made of the buffalo trace low rye mash bill #1 especially Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare. I'm not as much a fan of their rye mash bill bourbons. I also like Elijah Craig small batch. Then again, I'll drink Bulleit, so my tastes are pretty questionable. At least they're better than the Wild Turkey and Jack Daniels I used to like. hahaha

Last edited:
Mudders - Would like to have someone build a removable insert for one of Kiboko's ARB drawers that will hold the following:
  • 4-6 stemless wine glasses
  • 4-6 lowball glasses
  • 4-6 shot glasses
  • Small ice bucket
  • Various drink making accessories (stirrers, knife, juicer, shaker, tiny cutting board, hand towel)
  • Couple small cans of mixers
  • ~4 fifth sized bottles
  • ~2 bottles of wine
The idea is a high quality, well finished "Safari Bar" style open-top box that can be stored indoors but very easily slipped into an ARB drawer to safely and quickly make Kiboko a mobile bar. Doesn't have to be veneered, etc., but would want something covered in material that makes it look nice and doesn't rattle (maybe some straps too?). I have seen these in guy's Land Cruisers in Africa, but they are usually aluminum shells with custom foam molds inside. Don't need anything that hardcore, and don't want the ultra lux versions you see made like a high end humidor and perched on tailgates of Rolls-Royce Cullinan types (this is for bourbon, not Cristal).

I think it's a super cool idea (credit wife) to entertain people while out roaming around close to home. Anyone have someone in mind that would be well suited to build something of this nature? Obviously TX based would be preferred, but will take any suggestions. Thanks all!

Man, the dichotomy between the 200 forum and the 70 form is staggering :p

Man, the dichotomy between the 200 forum and the 70 form is staggering :p
Less creativity or just fewer alcoholics? Haha, I hope we do the R&D then they can be put in all manner of vehicles. Some Jeep and LR friends and family are already lining up to get their own! :cheers:

Goose Gear built this custom fitted foam inset for the Lexus J201 build we did.

If willing they have the mechanism to do fitted inserts.

665C2212-1EBB-44E1-AD6E-B0956C3E4FEC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom