Any reasonably inexpensive 17" wheel options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wheels depend what you are after. Show or go.

I have Tundra Steel wheels. Only $52.00 each .

IMG_20191108_171944612 (1).jpg1.jpg

Worth crossing the border and getting tires in Everett? Long drive but done in a day?
Border has been closed for over 2 months now lol...

I just bought 275/60/20’s in bfg and love em. I too was on the fence about 18’s vs 20’s. Imo the 275/60 is a great tire size.

Discount tire in Bellingham. Not as far as Everett... But then you will need to quarantine for 14 days upon returning to Canada! Actually, the situation with boarder crossings... not good these pandemic days.

I got my steel wheels from this company. I'm running BFG KM3s M/T in LT275-70R 18

Worth crossing the border and getting tires in Everett? Long drive but done in a day?

If borders were open and I still lived in Vancouver, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Have done just that before.

Right now Everett is a 12hr non-stop round trip for me, and an easy $300 worth of gas. Not worth it.

I am going to put the Black PCOR wheels (17x9 w/ +35) on in a couple weeks; tires will be 285/75R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I picked up 1.5" SpiderTrax, but I don't think I'll need/want them.
What made you change from your nice RW/RG combo to PCOR/RG, was it aesthetics, going up a tire size or something else? I noticed the PCOR wheels are load rated to 1,500kg (3,300lbs) which is way up there and nice our the heavy LC200. Please share pics and buying experience once you get them - following.

What made you change from your nice RW/RG combo to PCOR/RG, was it aesthetics, going up a tire size or something else?

I really like the combo I have now (RWs w/ 285/70R17 RGs), but the camper we're getting has 5x150 with PCOR wheels. By changing the wheels on the 200, I'll have matching wheels (PCORs) and tires (285/75R17 RGs) all the way around.

I really like the combo I have now (RWs w/ 285/70R17 RGs), but the camper we're getting has 5x150 with PCOR wheels. By changing the wheels on the 200, I'll have matching wheels (PCORs) and tires (285/75R17 RGs) all the way around.
Makes total sense to have consistent wheels and tires across vehicle and camper, those Patriot ones look terrific. Good luck and thanks for sharing

The cheapest option I'm aware of is the KMC KM301 Turbine in 17x8.5 +25 in 5x150. They go for only $150-175 per wheel or so (I've seen some go for as low as $130 each). When I was wheel shopping last year, I had a set of 4 priced out for about $550 from 4 Wheel Parts.

Some guy on the Tacoma forums also found out a way to retrofit TRD centercaps. They were everywhere online (Tire Rack, 4 Wheel Parts, etc) about a year ago, but I can't find many 5x150 right now, maybe that fitment was recently discontinued. But maybe some stores have some leftover stock.
1589239165485.png
1589239173840.png

If the budget can be stretched, the EvoCorse Dakar Zero or Method 313 (flow formed) are probably your best options. High quality, lightweight, reasonable offsets, plus no fake beadlocks. FN Wheels and Icon has some options as well.

Last edited:

under $200 or close

Last edited:
@grinchy are you concerned with the offset due to scrub radius or clearance? just curious....
Both . . . pretty sure I'd be hard into the outside fender on the 34s and 35s I'd likely be running with any kind of front wheel turn. I'm also not a huge poke fan, and that offset would put my scrub radius like an inch out as well.

I know folks are running that offset successfully, but it is not for me. In general it's a shame the tundra aftermarket (which starts at the same 60mm offset that the 200 uses), wants poke and runs 4-6" bracket lifts to allow for it, so the volume for the manufacturers is in the +25 to -25 range. Just not a lot there for a conservative 200 setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom