Any reason NOT to use heater hose to replace "ventilation hose"? (92 3FE) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Toyota Part No. 12262-61030 "Hose, Ventilation, No. 3" is discontinued, so I just cut a piece of heater hose and stuck it on there. Any reason that's a bad idea as a long-term solution?

This is the hose that connects at one end to the air between air filter and throttle body, and the other end connects to the top of the valve cover. 12263 on the diagram below -

1638043476069.png

Thanks

Doubt the heater hose is designed to handle oil or oil vapors, it will work but I'd expect the rubber to degrade fairly quick. Will it damage anything, probably not. Just be prepared to replace it again. You can find oil resistant line on the interwebs

Ditto. Water hoses will degrade rapidly. You can buy bulk fuel/PCV hose at just about any auto parts store.

THANKS!

Last edited:

Your head gasket is going to fail now....

Haha, jk not a problem with the 3fe

Ditto. Water hoses will degrade rapidly. You can buy bulk fuel/PCV hose at just about any auto parts store.
I'm in need of a new pcv valve hose on 3fe 91 landcruiser. The hose in the rear that attaches to pcv valve.
I can find the other pcv valve hose that goes to intake but not the other one.
What diameter and length pcv hose can I buy and cut to size to replace that hose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom