Any plug and play alarm with remote start out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I find myself in need of an alarm with remote start. Is there any recommendations on a plug n play system? I hate to dig into all the wires for hours and soldering so is there a system with pre-made harnesses?

oh wouldn't that be nice, I could have saved a few hours.

is there really such a thing as a "pro" for this sort of installation?
Most of the time I have only seen hack jobs...

Hack Jobs...

I'm going to make my own T-harness if the connectors are available. Just call @beno with the numbers on both the male and female plug. Also get the harness repair kit which will include each individual wire with a connector already on it. These will plug in between the existing male and female connectors and will get some of the basics without cutting or stripping back any of the ignition harness wires.

Local shops with good rep are the best bet. My local Circuit City had some good installers, too bad they went under and Best Buy stuck around, their work is terrible and I would let them sit in my car let alone touch the wiring.

I'm going to make my own T-harness if the connectors are available. Just call @beno with the numbers on both the male and female plug. Also get the harness repair kit which will include each individual wire with a connector already on it. These will plug in between the existing male and female connectors and will get some of the basics without cutting or stripping back any of the ignition harness wires.

Wow, great info...I appreciate that, I'd rather do this than cut a harness wire.

Last edited:
So what alarm system do people recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom