Any performance mods for the 1HZ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HZJ60 Guy

Tank Buster
Threads
Are there any performance up grades available for the 1HZ that any of you are familiar with?

Such as bigger injectors, or a different cam?

Im familiar with P.I.. A lot of people are still preaching that P.I. for a IDI is NOT a good thing. Wayne-O appears to have had good luck with his set up. The claim is that it's to hard on the CUPS.

Anything that a person can do to get more power outside of a turbo? I plan on turboing her too, but I just thought I'd ask about other things.

Thanks in advance.

More power than a 1HZ with a turbo and PI? I drove Waynes beast, it had plenty of power.

IMOP I would not need anymore power. Even before I turned on the PI it still had loads of power. Not many cruisers can sprint past 120kms and hour in a blink. With 35's. I think I let off when I was surprised when it was in the 130's. Lots of torque.

Have you gotten your truck back yet? Looking forward to hearing about how it is after the big overhaul.

i do not know of any tried mods for ht e1HZ other than SC or turbo... there is some unproven"ideas" floating around...

my mistake, i thought he was asking for mods before he turbo'd...
this forum gets some cool visiters/posters, eh?
welcome everyone.
cheers

crushers said:
my mistake, i thought he was asking for mods before he turbo'd...
this forum gets some cool visiters/posters, eh?
welcome everyone.
cheers

No mistake Wayne-O, I was talking about improvements other than turbo PI.

Like bigger injectors, cams, etc etc etc.

Maybe with a turbo and intercooler and PI I wont have to worry about it????!!!!!

Tom

I've seen intercooled turbo's for the 1HZ in Japan in 70's. You can even get a factory Toyota turbine.

Thanks for the advice. Im surprised there there arent more mods out there considering how many trucks this engine is in world wide.

Just a suggestion, maybe try more Austrailian sites, as they have lots of those engines down there, and probably have a lot of different mods available.
Cheers,
Deny

Did you thing in add a intercooler without a turbo set .. ? in the way to get more fresh air into the intake . .. I think to much about that .. with it you can add more diesel in the mix .. :D

but with out the turbo you are trying to suck that amount of air through a maze of duct work which would cause the engine to work much harder to get the air it needed...
suck in a breath of air now take a shop vac hose with the same amount of force... see a difference? or no difference?
cheers

Dont get me wrong guys, Im gettin a turbo kit. I just wanted to think about OTHER stuff to consider.

Turbo/inter/propaneski.

Cruise control!!!

Twin turbo like the big boys????

Not sure how to get enough fuel into the engine to compesnsate for that amount of booost......

Radd Cruisers said:
Twin turbo like the big boys????

Not sure how to get enough fuel into the engine to compesnsate for that amount of booost......

You could get away from the dual setup and go with a variable geometry setup. If you have the $$$$ haha

There's a crowd over here that do some gas flow work to the cylinder head on the 1HZ. 33% Seems a bit high, but should get at least 10 - 15 %.
http://www.steves.co.za

DieselCylinderHeads1.jpg

DieselCylinderHeads2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom