Any overlanders here? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I'm planning on an overland trip to travel around the Americas with my FJ80 and just wanted to know if there are any Overlanders here.

Kind regards,
Errol

Hey Errol - I'm overlanding the panam right now. In Ecuador at the moment. Haven't met a single American yet! Any questions - shoot.

I am in spirit:flipoff2:
I think most in the states don't get enough time off in a year to do more than extended camping trips. It's also hard to travel off the grid long enough to need to be self sufficient for more than a couple days at a time, unless you were stationary someplace (speaking for the US americas).

I think there are quite a few around mud. I've just done denmark-gambia and back in my japanese import HDJ81, and learnt a fair amount of things, ask away if you have any questions.

I Overland the heck out of the south west, so glad I get to.

For sure! I thought overlanding through UT, AZ and CO were tops on this trip so far. Even the hospitality. So much to explore, so little time....:beer:

Edit: Although it's hard to beat diesel at $1.02/GA and the local Toyota dealer gave me two H2 bulbs today - for free. Chat - off.

Last edited:
I am with all the PanAm people in spirit, my time will come in the not too distant future!! Good luck with all your travels!!

Glad to hear. I may send you all questions whenever I stay mine. My goal is Columbia to Brazil through Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, and then Brazil. I may go to Chile and Argentina too depending on time.

Alaska to end of S.America to Europe/Ireland

I'm planning a long way back (going home) in the very near future- currently just N of Seattle and looking to go from
Alaska to end of South America then across to Africa and then up thru Europe back to Ireland

Have LOTS of links of other folks doing overlanding across all the continents, picking up tips etc.

Have this in my backyard right now (its due to ship to Siberia soon)
but will be doing trip in my 80 (maybe with trailer)

milan_truck_front_view_email.jpg

milan_truck_world-map_email.jpg

I'm one

I guess I'm one - I'm not much of a hard-core wheeler, that's for sure.... ;)

If you're in CO on your travels, give a whistle. Safe travels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom