Any other cruisers in Costa Rica? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That sucks man, In Canada any vehicle that is 15 years or older does not need to be regulated, however it does of course need to pass customs, wondering if it is as much a pain in the ass, as MERICA
I've brought 3 vintage Land Rovers (older than 25 years) from CR to US and this was the first where the Customs bill was greater than 400 bux. Takes a little Pura Vida out things....

no doubt, what was the reason? and was the cost for having it there for 16 days?

Hey guys, I'm located in San Carlos, owner of a '79 BJ40.

Hi Andres, welcome to the club. Where is San Carlos? I'm too lazy to look it up on the map.
I'm in Playas del Coco, Guanacaste, north west coast.

Rudi

Nice I'm about 90 min from quesada.

Proud owner of Beast. 77 BJ40

Hi CR Mudders!
I've been here reading a lot for awhile (Rudi's post about clusters, alternators and voltage regulators are awesome!), but never posted before. Back in the day my dad used to had a lovely (diesel converted) 69 FJ40, nevertheless I don't own a 40 right now but plan to get one. I'm in San Carlos as well.

Nice to have you aboard! come down to El Castillo anytime.

Hey Rudi Just your Bj up FS on craigslist. Nice truck, very nice price. GLWS

Very good price, I'm sure he would get quite a bit more in Canada/US.
If I needed another one I wouldn't hesitate. You know his rig is top notch.

How hard is it to sell a Cruiser??????

It's not the price, it's not the condition it's in, it's something out of my powers.
I'm talking to 5 persons at this moment. Here is an overview.

Mr.D. was here and looked at the truck. Was the best he had seen so far. We made the deal, arranged for an attorney to do the transfer. All was set but the only problem was that he couldn't get the money to CR in time. Promised me to buy the Cruiser when he comes back in September. I keep my fingers crossed.

Mr.C. Is here in the country and wants the Cruiser but needs to find a solution for his 2 baby seats with "latch system". The solution would be to install a back seat from a J**P which already has the "latch system" integrated in the back seat but he doesn't want to drill holes and keep the Cruiser as stock as possible. We're working on it.

Mr.M. Wants to see the Cruiser. He moved recently to CR but is 200Km's away and has no transportation.
He's working on it.

Mr.T. Lives 6 months here and 6 months in the States. Owns a house on a hill with a killer view but his Subaru can barely doing the uphill climbing. He wants to see the Cruiser but is the States right now.
He'll work something out on his next visit to CR.

Mr.J. Wants the Cruiser badly but is checking out a Ford Bronco this week. Next on his list is my Cruiser.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Rudi

Good luck! Whoever buys it will be happy I'm sure

Hi guys, a Tico cruiser owner checking-in. Very interesting info you guys are sharing here..
I got a FJ40 1966 which I love.. I'm about to start a huge project on it to swapping the big F series engine (2F set up rebuilt) for a 1KZ-TE turbo diesel engine from a wrecked 2005 Land Cruiser Prado I found.. Looking for a gear box that can be used for the 1KZ.. a couple of friends had recommended me to use the one that comes on the 5 cylinder 70 series Land Cruisers know as trompa de zorro here in tiquicia. Any advise is more than welcome.. I'm also selling my F (2F rebuild) in case you know someone who will wanted.. It has a 500cfm two barrel holley carburator, DUI distributor with MSD spark plug cables, very good compression ratio and conditions. Here are some pics.. Let me know. Cheers..

IMG_5538.JPG

IMG_5539.JPG

IMG_5540.JPG

IMG_5542.JPG

Hola Tico's.....
The government is selling a Troopy...
junk101414 MOPT.jpg

The Ministerio de Obras Públicas y Transportes is going to auction off this junker and 16 other vehicles Oct. 23. The electronic auction will be handled through the Sistema de Compras Gubernamentales, known as Compr@ Red.

Rudi

Hey Rudi thanks! How are things? Have you replaced your rig yet? Almost done my restore of beast.

Thanks Rudi. Hoping to update today. Getting anxious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom