Any one want these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going with the black ones below

Last edited:
I am replacing the metal clips that rip the paper board everytime you remove the door skin with the black body clips. I will have to punch out the door skin for the clips to work, but in the end I think they will look good.

first time i removed my door trims i got sick of the arrangment, breaking the metal tabs and breaking the masonite backing etc. i also got sick of the daggy looking door trims with the torn vinyl and so on.
i found the perfect replacement at a local trailer/hardware scarpyard, $5 a sheet, 1 sheet does one door, perfect stuff, is made of some form of plastic and is furry on both sides, just cut with angle grinder and screw on with self tappers.
looks great now :cool:

abw.sized.jpg

sorry if i hijacked your thread.

bitfreak420 said:
Where did you get those body clips in the second pic cardinal?

They are called trim retainers. Come in tons of sizes and shapes. Google them.

Take a look here.

http://www.thecliplink.com/

and are affectionately known as christmas trees.

Those plugs are a good idea, especially since I have door internal problems about 5 times a year. The clips do tear stuff, and are hard to get if you don't have a junked 55 nearby. My door panels didn't come out the nicest, but were very easy to make, a little 0.125" masonite, some upholstery staples, and a yard of vinyl.

snailwagon said:
Those plugs are a good idea, especially since I have door internal problems about 5 times a year. The clips do tear stuff, and are hard to get if you don't have a junked 55 nearby. My door panels didn't come out the nicest, but were very easy to make, a little 0.125" masonite, some upholstery staples, and a yard of vinyl.

And you didn't post any pics to show us how they turned out??? :frown: Shame on you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom