Any one want these?

At first I hoarded those door clip thingy mcboobers, but ended up finding some heavy duty nylon replacements from the the local small hardware store. They were just labeled as nylon bushings. $OR would sell that pile for $10.

I am replacing the metal clips that rip the paper board everytime you remove the door skin with the black body clips. I will have to punch out the door skin for the clips to work, but in the end I think they will look good.

first time i removed my door trims i got sick of the arrangment, breaking the metal tabs and breaking the masonite backing etc. i also got sick of the daggy looking door trims with the torn vinyl and so on.
i found the perfect replacement at a local trailer/hardware scarpyard, $5 a sheet, 1 sheet does one door, perfect stuff, is made of some form of plastic and is furry on both sides, just cut with angle grinder and screw on with self tappers.
looks great now :cool:

sorry if i hijacked your thread.

Those plugs are a good idea, especially since I have door internal problems about 5 times a year. The clips do tear stuff, and are hard to get if you don't have a junked 55 nearby. My door panels didn't come out the nicest, but were very easy to make, a little 0.125" masonite, some upholstery staples, and a yard of vinyl.

snailwagon said:
Those plugs are a good idea, especially since I have door internal problems about 5 times a year. The clips do tear stuff, and are hard to get if you don't have a junked 55 nearby. My door panels didn't come out the nicest, but were very easy to make, a little 0.125" masonite, some upholstery staples, and a yard of vinyl.
And you didn't post any pics to show us how they turned out??? :frown: Shame on you :D

Ming89FJ62

I smell bacon
GOLD Star
SILVER Star

FWIW C-Dan get $.10 for each of those trim retainers. Congratulations, you're a rich man..

Top Bottom