1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any one out there with a roof top tent?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by lx450landcruiser, Nov 30, 2003.

1. lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser Moderator

planing on making my own maybe. just woundering how many bars you have to handle the weight and mount yours to the roof? what company bars are there? what do you think your tent weights?

thanks
    mike

2. BMT

BMT

Hltoppr just got one. I saw it on Friday. He is using four cross bars, I think, from a Yakama rack. He should be around here somewhere.

3. Junk

Junk

A lot of guys have these. I just sold mine. You may want to check out the nifty...

[move]SEARCH button [/move]

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

They are very cool.

4. Hltoppr

Hltoppr

Media:
    Albums:
    Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
    Ok, I'm back...

Anyway, as Junk mentioned, I was lucky enough to help him make some room in his garage and picked up his Hannibal roof tent.

I have it mounted using three sets of Yakima A1 towers with 78" load bars (kayaks/bikes etc. are mounted outboard of the tent). This should be more than enough to hold the static weight of two adults, and the dynamic (moving) load is well within Yakima specifications. The tent opens to the rear with the ladder extending down past the open rear hatch.

I'll try to get some pics.

-H-

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">