any one near prescott? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
been working on an fj40 for about 2 years now off and on and the brakes need alot of work i have a mini truck fron axle with fron disks but im not too confident i can do the swap myself.
fairly new to working on trucks any one out there done this swap that could give me a hand maybe?

im woring on re wiring the whole cruiser right now and after that and fixing some leaks i should be able to fire her up and out.

thanks mike

Yo Mike,
I'm over here in Cottonwood, so Prescott is a hop, skip and a jump. Clay the Rhino knows about the knuckle and rotor swap, chime in here bud. I myself have been wondering what all is exactly needed. If you use the hubs, spindles, rotors, calipers, birfs, and outer knuckles w/ steering arms, then what knuckle bearings and inner seals do you use, or does it matter? Do the MT birfs fit the inner LC axle shafts?
Really I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to figure out. Do you have all the parts like wheel seals and such? How about tools? It'd be cool to get you ready by the 17th for Desoto!

yeah im currently trying to rewire the whole thing and after that i need to work on the brakes and a few leaks i have no idea on the brakes and all i really have is the solid axle i got from the junk yard but i have the money and willing to spend a couple weekends if i need to as long has i ahve some one that knows what there doing. i have read some of the tech site stuff about converting and thats helpful but its not the same as having some one there that knows whats going on. i have limited amount of tools some air tools but a compresser that just cant handle them. i also have some money to buy seals and such in which case im sure dont need to be ordered do they? then i have to get it regestered and im ready to rock.

thanks mike

hey mike, you will be using everything from the mini except the housing and the inner axleshafts. its just a matter of stripping the cruiser axle and replaceing everything with mini parts. i'd be happy to look over your shoulder i just require a couple beers to kick start me into mechanickin' mode

well seeing as how im only 18 but then again im sure i could get my dad to let you kick back some of his import german s*** as long as ur there to help ;) ;)

let me know what times are good
where u located?

thanks mike

i'm down in phx, so i wont be stopping in on my way from work or anything. but when you get ready let me know and i'll work out getting up to prescott me and rush were just there last sat.
you should ask this on the pirate site, there are at least 3 regs there that live in prescott.

thanks ill let u know
im also gonna lookinto ordering all the junk first so it will all be here to start.

thanks again mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom