Any one in the Chicago Land Area willing to help me out? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a fellow cruiser to let me remove their ABS unit and install in my truck to verify that my ABS unit is indeed bad before I spend $1500.00 on a new unit. I will gladly provide you a beverage of your choice for your support. :beer::beer::beer:

Are you talking about the ABS computer or the module that routes the fluid?

Might want to be specific here. I also do not live in Chicago but got confused at which unit you wanted to test.

I wasn't very specific, I need to swap the ABS ECU to verify this is the problem before I drop $1500.00. Swap will take about 20 min total.

...via IH8MUD app

Have you tried pulling DTCs? short Tc and E1 of the DLC1 connector and see if your ABS light blinks codes, assuming you don't have access to Techstream or an ABS code reading scanner (Innova 3150B for example). Stepping on the brake pedal (ignition still on) with Tc and E1 shorted 9 times in 5 seconds will clear any stored codes. Don't forget to remove the short when done. If you have a hard fault/failed ECU your warning lights will re illuminate when the problem DTCs reset or else you may get lucky and have cleared a soft fault. If you swap in another ECU you need to reset the zero point, yaw and decel calibrations - according to the FSM.

I have tried shorting the DC1 pins as mentioned and could not get codes to flash on ABS light and could not get ABS ECU to reset using the procedure mentioned. I want to believe it is the ECU although I'm debating taking it to Toyota for final ruling of what I feel I already know, I need a new ABS ecu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom