Any one from TX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am moving back to Houston with my 1978 40....and I cant get a straight answer from TXDPS about whether or not I have to pass vehicle emission inspections. Since the vehicle is over 25yrs...I thought I was exempt....but them someone from TSDPS said that although I do not have to pass the test, I have to show that I have the equipment...i.e..catalytic converter.

So I then called an actual serivce station and the mechanic said I need to have NOTHING?

Any help??

Mine is a 74 and you don't need to do the exhaust test or stuff like that. You are supposed to have everything on it that it came with brand new, like all the emmisions stuff. ie, air pump catalytic converter and stuff like that. I took mine to a corner repair shop and they did not even look for any of my emmision stuff, although mine would not have as much as yours would. Just find you a small shop like the one you got the info from and you will be fine. I would stay away from the jiffy lubes and stuff, for some reason they appear to take a little more interest in what is supposed to be there. RG

I have a '76 Fj40 that I took to Jiffy Lube for inspection, and they didn't check for emissions. They only checked brakes, turn signals, lights...that's about it.

you're probably safe.

-Lance

Thanks for the info..... I definitely took down the address and name of the guy I spoke with who told me I need nothing.....

I posted more pics.....its all painted now.. See my other post "my nre TOY".

thanks again fellas.....see you in TX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom