Any one add 7" rounds Headlights on an 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KTP

Threads
I'm in the process of adding 7" round headlights to my 80 and trying to figure out the wiring on my 97 LX450

There is a guy on here that makes an aftermarket grill and his product let's your run a round headlight.

I can't remember his name but here is a link to his website.

https://landcruisergrilles.com/

rs=w_1300,h_800.jpeg

To answer your question about wiring there is a connector/adapter that goes between the new lights and stock harness. I think it was for a Honda. I’ll see if I can find the link.

Reactions: KTP
@KTP Besides the adaptor that i got ( adapter) I also chopped them up and spliced in some waterproof relays ( Relays ) so that turning on my low beams didn't activate my high beams. Not expensive just have to bend your mind around it.

thats the best my memory has on the diagram which is what i am guessing you were hoping for.

Last edited:
It took some relays. I think I posted a wiring diagram on @kelly saad ’s post introducing his 7” round housings.

297A39AE-0CBE-42CB-8C33-9D01ACEF012A.jpeg

Reactions: KTP
To answer your question about wiring there is a connector/adapter that goes between the new lights and stock harness. I think it was for a Honda. I’ll see if I can find the link.
Thank you, I did install one of Kelly's Grilles and love my new look. My issue is connecting two connectors( High & Low) into one H4 connection. came with the connectors BUT! both high & low come on when you turn on the lights. presently I have my highs unplugged till this gets figured out., Did this same mod to my son's 100 but it only has one bulb.

Thank you, Thank you,
I did try looking under all sorts of different terms and words

I don’t know if this helps but I used the @sleeoffroad headlight harness with mine.

Who is this guy? In post #3 you can see that he has two people hanging upside down from the wall!
Whats going on?

devo

They told him he had a nice Jeep. What happened next was totally justified!

More like someone said "Round headlights look dumb on an 80."

I like the grills - but hate the round lights. Sorry to say . :cool:

Your Diagram of the two relays is blocked by your Photobucket label.....Thank you for this as i'm going insane in the membrane.
It’s been quite awhile since I did this conversion, and the 70’s were not kind to my memory.

This looks like the original source of the diagram. But to be honest, I’d have to refigure it out from scratch to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom