Any montero's out there

Longtime mitsu owner, first time poster...

I started off with Montero's 25 years ago. In that time I've had 9, representing the first three generations. I've had pretty much every engine, including the diesels. 5 of my 9 were JDM imports.

I currently have three in my garage. My wife and I each have third gen diesels as DD's, and I also have a Pajero Evolution, number 581 of 2500… its a homologation truck, and is about the most fun you can have on a fire road!

We are considering selling my wife's daily to get a 100 series for pulling a slightly larger trailer than our current pop-up A-frame. Which of course is how I found myself here.

IMG_20190218_002534_864.jpg
phils-pajevo.jpg

I just picked up a 99 2nd gen montero cheap. I have been trying to find some resources for it, since the full size montero 2nd gen is pretty rare in the USA.

I previously had a 94 SR with the DOHC 3.5 V6 and loved it.

In terms of searchable online, 4x4wire still has lots of archival data available. If you're on Facebook (groan) I'm helping admin a large group for Montero owners called "Mitsubishi monteros usa". Here's a link.
(Send me a pm if you want me to fast track your membership approval - if you're on Facebook. I kind of wish I wasn't... but... It's where the action is.)

MT-PTK

Longtime mitsu owner, first time poster...

I started off with Montero's 25 years ago. In that time I've had 9, representing the first three generations. I've had pretty much every engine, including the diesels. 5 of my 9 were JDM imports.

I currently have three in my garage. My wife and I each have third gen diesels as DD's, and I also have a Pajero Evolution, number 581 of 2500… its a homologation truck, and is about the most fun you can have on a fire road!

We are considering selling my wife's daily to get a 100 series for pulling a slightly larger trailer than our current pop-up A-frame. Which of course is how I found myself here.

View attachment 2066119View attachment 2066120
Nice Evo!

I'm starting to look around again for another rig and I just moved to the Seattle area where I'm finding a ton of JDM vehicles around the place. I haven't narrowed it down yet but Montero/Pajero are on the short list. Did you have any issues with insuring the JDM vehicles? I've read conflicting reports that it's not an issue and that ist's a PITA. By the way, already on your FB page, good work!

Will

Nice Evo!

I'm starting to look around again for another rig and I just moved to the Seattle area where I'm finding a ton of JDM vehicles around the place. I haven't narrowed it down yet but Montero/Pajero are on the short list. Did you have any issues with insuring the JDM vehicles? I've read conflicting reports that it's not an issue and that ist's a PITA. By the way, already on your FB page, good work!

Will
Thanks Will,
I'm in Canada so my experience with insurance may not be transferable. Up here in Alberta I can get basic coverage pretty easily, but beyond that it's difficult to get full coverage. Apparently there is one company who will cover JDM's but I haven't tried them yet. I have some friends in the US that have successfully gotten insired but it varies from state to state I'm sure.

I can check with some WA friends and see whom they've gone with if that's any help?

Cheers
Phil

MT-PTK

Thanks Will,
I'm in Canada so my experience with insurance may not be transferable. Up here in Alberta I can get basic coverage pretty easily, but beyond that it's difficult to get full coverage. Apparently there is one company who will cover JDM's but I haven't tried them yet. I have some friends in the US that have successfully gotten insired but it varies from state to state I'm sure.

I can check with some WA friends and see whom they've gone with if that's any help?

Cheers
Phil

That would be great, thank you!

Will

So Will, I heard back from some friends in WA. State farm will cover it no issues. If you call ask for Jake Squires. He has a Delica himself so knows the ropes.

Also heard that Hagerty will also cover you...

Hope this helps.
Phil

Top Bottom