Any Millermatic 130xp people here?

Hi all.
I have a millermatic 130xp, It keeps blowing fuses, I get the slow burn type. The issue is it wont feed, I put in a new fuse and it works for a couple of seconds and then blow's the fuse again :eek: I was wondering if anyone has any knowlage in what could be going on, I read there could be a circuitboard *sp issue, But I dont want to take it in and spend $100.00 just to tell me what the problem is.
Anyone care to help?
I know I may need to pass on more info, But let me know what you think.
Many thanks!

I thought about my last post and want to add, The fuse is for the feeded, It click's like it should when the anode's or what ever they are called touch for the welding power and stay on as long as I hold the trigger, I didnt see any sign of curcuitboard break's, AFAK the SB is for the wire feed motor too.
Everything seems to be working other than the feeded and what has been stated above.
Once again Thanks

Trunk Monkey

Have you tried engaging the feed rollers with no wire running through it? Just thinking maybe they're binding up somehow and popping the fuse?

FZJFillmore said:
Have you tried engaging the feed rollers with no wire running through it? Just thinking maybe they're binding up somehow and popping the fuse?
Yup, Ive given that a shot, I first thought the rollers were bound up but then I found the fuse blown, Im not sure if they are suppose to turn freely or not?!? But they do not tune by hand.
Thanks for the reply Cory

Ok I think I found out what the problem was, I decided to pull the motor out to have a look...Anyhow, Upon taking the case off I noticed what happened happened, About 1/3 of the magnet broke off and was jamming the armature, I havent dropped it, Do any of you think it could have happened by electricity?
BTW the roller will turn now not easy mind you but it didnt budge before.
I guess I get to see how mucha motor is gonna cost, But at least I can get back to putterin with metal ;)
Have fun

Gumby

Supamod
Staff member
s-Moderator

My Millermatic 130 is having similar problems. My muffler guy said he's gone through a bunch of motors on his. he keeps replacing them and it keeps welding.

Sorry to drag this up from the 2nd page, But I went in to see what a new motor would cost............................................wait now.....................you ready for this? two hundred and fifity F-ing dollars! :eek: :confused:
I think in the next few days I will try ti see if I can have it fixed.
That is all :eek:

S

Sparky747

Hi;

Try to epoxy or super glue the magnet back in position yourself. Lube everything up well, and you should be good to go.

WOW thread revival!?!
I havent done anything with it, I found a NIB 220V Lincoln for $350.00 at a pawn shop, I may still try to fix the Miller when I get a chance, Its still collecting dust in the garage.

Top Bottom