Any Mechanics in Chicago/NW Indiana Area?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by collector_edi, Jun 22, 2005.

1. collector_edi

collector_edi

I am close to finalizing a purchase. I am waiting on a dash board kit but the deal still hasn't commenced.

I am tired of shelling out $24.95 for a full months worth of vin checks. I have been in the hunt for a landcruiser since 1/2005 and learned on a previous post that Carfax is about as useful as used toilet paper.

I am interested in a 97 that has > 90k. I don't have service records and the VIN shows 2 previous owners. Any officianados in this area that has a passion for working on cruisers? The deal is not final and knowing someone that does work on the side might make this decision an easier one. I learned in the posts that maintenance records are key but what if you can't track them?

I will continue to wait if I have to. I just don't want to get hammered with a dealer estimate if I get stuck with a truck that hasn't been properly maintained.

Any experts doing work on the side? I noticed Gumby lives in Naperville, IL.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.