Any local welding/ metal fab recommendations? Need some help please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have made a few calls to some of they guys I know but i am still trying to formulate a plan. I need some help getting this repaired and re worked to avoid anything like this in the future. Right now I have had it welded up in Moab and i am drivable right now. But not 100% thrilled about it and i have a crack on the other side as well. Does anyone have any recommendations for local welding/metal fab work?

This is my plan:
get spare lower control arm
take my time and press in new OEM rubber bushing
install lower arms with OEM bushings
weld existing cracks
install Landtank 2.5" caster plates
have plates welded in place to strengthen area
have additional reinforcement welded around mount

It was also recommended to reinforce the front upper panhard mount and I would like to reinforce the rear lower control arm mount. But this can happen later.

ulSqU9q.jpg

Heliarc designs(sailor), is welder/fabricator. I believe he is working out of the overland cruisers(stephens)shop. Contact info available through 406 cruiser web page .

Heliarc designs(sailor), is welder/fabricator. I believe he is working out of the overland cruisers(stephens)shop. Contact info available through 406 cruiser web page .
This would be great and exactly what i need. I kind of need two shops. One farmilure with Land Cruisers to handle the bushings and caster plates. A second shop to handle the welding and any fab work. It would be great to have it combined.

I am really trying to find a way to get the bushing pressed into a extra set of control arms so i can install them myself. maybe i can get the caster plates installed myself. But i am short on some of the tools and work space. So we will see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom