Any local fluid film applier? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@NearJetties @mdcoa I sent them an email this morning and got this back from William:

We primarily spray fluid film on snow equipment vehicles as we specialized in snow equipment sales and service. Like pickups, small and large dump trucks. Our lifts are designed to pick up to 72,000 lbs vehicles. I am not sure if they can pick up something as small as a land cruiser. But we certainly can try.

Something small like that would be around $275.00 to spray the fluid film to the underside of the vehicle.

We only spray fluid film in November as it makes a complete mess in our shop when we spray it. So we try to limit it to a 2 week window so we only have to clean it once. We start taking appointments mid oct for this service.

275 is little higher in the price range if I may say. Krown annual is $140, for comparison sake. But for Krown got to go to York, PA

Thanks much, @Girl und Panzer

Ouch. At $150, I'd be tempted, but it looks like I'll be buying another gallon of fluid film and covering myself in lanolin again.

If anyone owns, say, a big field, we could do a BYO fluid film spraying party. . . I'd host but my neighbors would tar and feather me.

I actually just got a call back from them too. The rig they use probably wouldn’t work as it’s for big trucks. Said they struggle to use it on an f150 size truck but to let them know what it is and they’ll see what they can do. Sounds like a no go.

they said they only do it in November.

At $275 I’ll stick with Krown even though it’s a bit further. Krown did a great job. Or I’ll touch it up myself.

$275 makes more sense for a giant plow truck. Since they aren’t trying to cater to smaller trucks they probably don’t bother with an adjusted price point.

Last edited:
Thanks much, @Girl und Panzer

Ouch. At $150, I'd be tempted, but it looks like I'll be buying another gallon of fluid film and covering myself in lanolin again.

If anyone owns, say, a big field, we could do a BYO fluid film spraying party. . . I'd host but my neighbors would tar and feather me.
Yeah if we can find a place, that'd be a good way to do it!

Alternatively, if folks have a place to spray their own, they could borrow my kit (somewhat junky compressor, fluid film spray gun, and the extension hoses for fluid film aerosol cans) and provide their own fluid film—I find a gallon enough for two applications, easily.
It honestly doesn’t make much mess when done outdoors—I can imagine it’d trash an interior space pretty well....

Anyone want a very, very messy gallon of fluid film for free?
Advance Auto just sent me one that came open inside its little plastic bag--it's a mess, but there's probably .9 usable gallons of product in there . . .
They're sending me a replacement, so this one is up for grabs.

20328BE1-DCF4-453E-87B7-5528B86CB9D6.jpeg

Anyone want a very, very messy gallon of fluid film for free?
Advance Auto just sent me one that came open inside its little plastic bag--it's a mess, but there's probably .9 usable gallons of product in there . . .
They're sending me a replacement, so this one is up for grabs.
Why not just clean up the can and keep it for next year? It doesn't go bad.

Why not just clean up the can and keep it for next year? It doesn't go bad.
Would do exactly that, but we're only here another two years, and I have a half a gallon on-hand already. Another gallon will probably bring us to the finish line . .

but yeah, if nobody wants this, I'll use this can first and keep the shiny new can to hand off before I leave . . .

Would do exactly that, but we're only here another two years, and I have a half a gallon on-hand already. Another gallon will probably bring us to the finish line . .

but yeah, if nobody wants this, I'll use this can first and keep the shiny new can to hand off before I leave . . .

If you really want it gone, I think I can afford a free gallon

I don't understand why people continue to use Fluid Film when Woolwax is essentially the same thing but with no God awful smell

I don't understand why people continue to use Fluid Film when Woolwax is essentially the same thing but with no God awful smell

Fluid film doesn't require a compressor to install is my reasoning..

Perhaps because we didn't imagine the possibility of not having our cars smell like wet sweaters for 6 months? How on earth do they get the smell out?
At this point, i'm pretty well invested in fluid-film for the next year or two, but maybe will make the switch!

If you really want it gone, I think I can afford a free gallon

It's yours--I'll PM you to coordinate the handoff.

Woolwax does not spray as well as Fluid Film with my setup. The FF atomizes very nicely and gets where it needs to get. The Woolwax tends to blotch and blob and generally make a mess.
Personally I don't mind the smell of FF. After years of spraying every October, whenever I wipe off a piece of metal with a clean rag, it looks brand new. Smells like "my truck won't rust".

I just did both my 80 and Tacoma this weekend with the Woolwax, only the second go 'round on the Tacoma, first on the 80. I had to use a heat gun and paint stirrer to get it pourable. With the pro gun they sell and my 29 gallon compressor set at 60 psi it does pretty well. Of course my wife yesterday asked how long our driveway was "going to smell like that?":doh:

Driving the 80 today it smoked so much from the stuff burning off the exhaust I had to pull over just to make sure there wasn't a problem under there. There was a palm sized spot on the rear of the exhaust that was burning off. Took about 5 minutes to stop smoking.

Driving the 80 today it smoked so much from the stuff burning off the exhaust I had to pull over just to make sure there wasn't a problem under there. There was a palm sized spot on the rear of the exhaust that was burning off. Took about 5 minutes to stop smoking.
Yea, I typically let the truck idle for a while in the driveway after spraying. That takes care of most of it. The first drive is always a bit stinky and the brakes are a bit sketchy for the first few stops. It has a very high flash point, so I'm not really worried about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom