Any LabVIEW wizards here?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by 60wag, Aug 24, 2006.

1. 60wag

60wag SILVER Star

It seems like a long shot here, and I've already started a thread at the LabVIEW website but I'm testing the breadth of knowledge here at MUD:

I'm looking for some example code to help me collect analog data to a buffer and then write a portion of the buffered data to a file when an event occurs.
    The event occurs about once a week but I need to be able to examine data from about 5 hours BEFORE the event up to the event itself. Collecting two points a second would be often enough to assure event capture. Dumping data older than 5 hours is ok. I've been through numerous forum discussions and online code examples but can't find the pieces to solve my problem. A search for "buffered event" seemed promising but didn't solve it. BTW I pretty new to LabVIEW so far my knowledge of data structures is pretty limited. TIA

Bruce

2. NocalFJ60

NocalFJ60

Media:
    Albums:
    We use labview a lot at work but I have not worked a lot in writing programs. I will ask a friend at work.

So it would save a file when an event occurred with five hours of data along with the event? You looking to export the data to excel?

3. 60wag

60wag SILVER Star

Yes, I need to be able to examine the history of the data leading up to the "overvoltage" condition. Saving it as a text file would make it easy to work with in Excel but I'm open to binary or datalog formats if I have to. I did get a 'rec from the NI website to look into circular buffers. I'll have to find out what that is.

4. syrinxstar

syrinxstar

Sounds like you've already done this but I always got great support when submitting problems/questions to the National Instruments website. They have a good knowledgebase too.

I haven't used the software in over 4 years though so I'm no help now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.