1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any LabVIEW wizards here?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by 60wag, Aug 24, 2006.

1. 60wag

60wag SILVER Star

It seems like a long shot here, and I've already started a thread at the LabVIEW website but I'm testing the breadth of knowledge here at MUD:

I'm looking for some example code to help me collect analog data to a buffer and then write a portion of the buffered data to a file when an event occurs.
    The event occurs about once a week but I need to be able to examine data from about 5 hours BEFORE the event up to the event itself. Collecting two points a second would be often enough to assure event capture. Dumping data older than 5 hours is ok. I've been through numerous forum discussions and online code examples but can't find the pieces to solve my problem. A search for "buffered event" seemed promising but didn't solve it. BTW I pretty new to LabVIEW so far my knowledge of data structures is pretty limited. TIA

Bruce

2. NocalFJ60

NocalFJ60

Media:
    Albums:
    We use labview a lot at work but I have not worked a lot in writing programs. I will ask a friend at work.

So it would save a file when an event occurred with five hours of data along with the event? You looking to export the data to excel?

3. 60wag

60wag SILVER Star

Yes, I need to be able to examine the history of the data leading up to the "overvoltage" condition. Saving it as a text file would make it easy to work with in Excel but I'm open to binary or datalog formats if I have to. I did get a 'rec from the NI website to look into circular buffers. I'll have to find out what that is.

4. syrinxstar

syrinxstar

Sounds like you've already done this but I always got great support when submitting problems/questions to the National Instruments website. They have a good knowledgebase too.

I haven't used the software in over 4 years though so I'm no help now.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">